Time has come need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kscowboy

Dec 30, 2009
kansas
I am installing my liner this weekend and will be filling the chimney with the influex pure in insulation for safety and drafting reason. how ever my chimney goes to the floor in the basement about 3 to 4 foot before the T comes out of chimney to safe money could i fill the fist couple feet full of dirt or sand to fill this gap thanks for you help again

I would think that stuffing the chimney below the tee with rock wool or something similar would do the trick without the work.

Garett

What about the cleanout?

Why fill the entire thing? Run a "tail" of ss liner from the tee to just above the floor
& install the cap on the tail...
Cram some rockwool or unfaced fibreglass just inside the cleanout door.
Either way it'll help your draft & still allow you to access the cleanout if you
need to get to it..
Actually you could also use it to prop the cap tightly against the tail &
eliminate the need to remove screws to get the cap off......
JMHO...

have no clean out door will have to remove the single wall and vaccum out the tee after cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.