Time of year brings out changes in people

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Most people around here are just starting to fire up the saws and cut wood. little cool weather brings em out. For me it the other way around though, this cool weather awakens my "natural born hunter" instinct and I forget about the firewood for a while. Come December and January I will be back hacking away at it. But the next few months my free time will be hiding in the top of a tree waiting on Bambi's dad to come along. Will inevitably be scoping out future firewood though.

I can easily relate swagler. Good luck hunting this fall. I may or may not get one. Don't really need the venison too badly this fall so if a good one doesn't tempt me.... December starts the wood cutting here.

I did see one neighbor cut a little bit of wood but not much being done around here right now.

Yeah had a friend who I gave 2/3 cord of maple earlier this year call today. Said he wanted to go out and cut some more for this year. Im ready to go hunting though, My first elk hunting trip is coming in two weeks, so im chomping at the bit for that

Good luck on the elk hunt. Bet you can hardly wait.

Reactions: swagler85
My wood for this year is done. I'm getting a few projects around the house done so I'll be free when hunting and fishing cranks up. The last week of September is when I start chasing coho in the rivers. I'll take a break from that for a late summer steelhead trip, then it's 100% hunting when the season opens in mid-October. I have the last three weeks of October off work this year.
And I might get a few days of wood cutting in for next year too depending on what's available.

Reactions: swagler85
This time of year what gets me motivated is remembering all the things I planned to do in or around the house in early Summer . . . and have put off until now . . . and so I rush around like the proverbial chicken with the head cut off trying to get everything done before colder weather sets in.

Reactions: bogydave and btuser
This time of year what gets me motivated is remembering all the things I planned to do in or around the house in early Summer . . . and have put off until now . . . and so I rush around like the proverbial chicken with the head cut off trying to get everything done before colder weather sets in.
You and me both.

The mad rush.
I usually forget 1 or 2 things & the wife or Mother nature will nail me on it.

Like every year, Hunting season snuck up on me , some things may not get done before it gets cold.
Hoping for a long fall is "the norm" for me.
LOL :)

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.