Time to begin winter preparations, need to find my LG's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambient

Feb 18, 2015
I can see Ontario from NNY
What a long dry and hot summer. It's hard work here on my farm. I'm looking forward to some winter down time.

First I need to find some LG's

What a long dry and hot summer. It's hard work here on my farm. I'm looking forward to some winter down time.

First I need to find some LG's

woodpellets.com carries them.

Reactions: Cory S
woodpellets.com carries them.

:confused: yes but not up here in God's country. They reference two businesses they must supply but the one has energex hardwood, I've never tried that. After the Maeder fiasco I'm not going for something I haven't properly test burned.

Winter prep - uggh.

Im set on pellets and salt for the walkway. tested snowblower. have to bolt on the plow for the tractor, wrap up 4 fig trees and then i'd say im good to go. oh also maybe exercise the generator a bit for good measure.

oh and bolt on the snow tires but i usually wait until snow is actually forecasted for that.

Reactions: Cory S
Winter prep - uggh.

Im set on pellets and salt for the walkway. tested snowblower. have to bolt on the plow for the tractor, wrap up 4 fig trees and then i'd say im good to go. oh also maybe exercise the generator a bit for good measure.

oh and bolt on the snow tires but i usually wait until snow is actually forecasted for that.

I was just down your way at Mills Mansion two weeks ago for a wedding. I sure miss the scenery down there.

My get ready list is a bit longer...wrapping up trees and bushes: a few hundred of them. I'll actually surround the blueberry bushes with old hay bales.

The snow/rain tires are are on the vehicles already and the bucket is always on the tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.