Time to change my avatar picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
Installed and breaking in. Osburn 2400. What a difference this thing is giant!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387237923.342452.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paul L
WOOHOO! Welcome to the club. That oughta heat that place. God bless you dude! Should be a warm Christmas. Get a few quick hot fires between today and tomorrow. Once you get a chance to really load it up you'll see a huge difference. Glad to hear your dealer came through for you.

WOOHOO! Welcome to the club. That oughta heat that place. God bless you dude! Should be a warm Christmas. Get a few quick hot fires between today and tomorrow. Once you get a chance to really load it up you'll see a huge difference. Glad to hear your dealer came through for you.
We are very happy. It is a perfect fit. Dealer will get my reference anyday. It's weird searching pile for long splits instead of tossing them to side for the short ones !

does that meet sidewall and mantel clearance? those measurements will be in your owner's manual.
It meets it. Actually the insert we had before had lower clearance, bay window and blower fan aim to the sides. Min to the side is 8 inch. We are about 15 to sides, on top we are pushing it close. Right on the threshold there

Reactions: dafattkidd
Very nice. Congrats. Enjoy the heat Sully.

Beautiful. Now crank that puppy up.

If those Santas are wax you may see some melting.

beautiful setup there

Right on the threshold there

You should be good to go but keep an eye on it. If you find that it is getting too hot - there are remedies. So there is always that piece of mind.

Get that sucker rolling. It is a beauty of a stove.

You should be good to go but keep an eye on it. If you find that it is getting too hot - there are remedies. So there is always that piece of mind.

Get that sucker rolling. It is a beauty of a stove.
I will keep an eye on it. Wife was all ready to load her up this morning. I told her to relax give it another good break in and tonight we will get her cooking. Lol

I've been looking at older threads on heat shields, I'm eventually going to make something but I have to come up with a good idea that will look good.

So far with only break three break in fires I can see the difference between 2200 and 2400. Firebox to start is so much bigger. I can stick my head in and look around.........don't try with fire burning haha. I will give a report back tomorrow morning after I tinker around some more with it tonight.

I will keep an eye on it. Wife was all ready to load her up this morning. I told her to relax give it another good break in and tonight we will get her cooking. Lol

I've been looking at older threads on heat shields, I'm eventually going to make something but I have to come up with a good idea that will look good.

So far with only break three break in fires I can see the difference between 2200 and 2400. Firebox to start is so much bigger. I can stick my head in and look around.........don't try with fire burning haha. I will give a report back tomorrow morning after I tinker around some more with it tonight.

Once you fully load it you'll see a huge difference in heat output. Small fires will warm the space, but full loads pour heat into the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.