Time to get the rounds in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Wright

Minister of Fire
Dec 26, 2013
Delaware
www.nwedj.com
The weekend has been lovely. Just right for loading and hauling some rounds. Ground is dry, no fighting with mud. It's all red maple, mainly tops that were blown out last summer. I dropped a couple of main stems that were too badly damaged to leave stand.

There's more to get in; this is less than half of it. And I've got a 24" stem near the garage to drop as well. The top was pretty much wiped out. Am guessing roughly three cord in all.

I had predicted that last year would be my last year cutting in the woodlot. Ma Nature proved me wrong. :)

100_1869.JPG 100_1872.JPG 100_1875.JPG 100_1876.JPG

Those sure are purdy.:)

Reactions: Fred Wright
Don't do like I did Fred. Had a couple red maples in the rounds for a year or so. Reason being it was hard to split green with a maul and I thought once it started cracking it would be easier to split. It was but quite a few of the rounds had started to rot :(

Reactions: Fred Wright
What kind of lawn mower is that?
Its got wheel weights. They look like tractor tires. Did it come like that?
It's an old Murray garden tractor my brother gave me. Came with stock turf tires. It had never seen a grease gun, all the bushings were shot so I replaced those. Scrapped the mower deck and fitted it with Ag tires and weights. Tires are probably worth more than the tractor.

Does a right smart job of hauling, I can't complain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.