Time to show your wood haulers for the 2008-09 season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, got some bucket truck I can borrow ?

rhino lined .....of course

Attachments

• Copy of HPIM2147.JPG
    Copy of HPIM2147.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,621
I had Rhino sprayed in the Dodge Ram I had and it is great stuff. Things do not slide around in the bed with it compared to some of the other products out there. Nice Truck

I'd be real grumpy with out the Rhino lining in the back of the Ford.

It was worth it to get it done.

Had to replace my full size GMC with something a little more family friendly. The pathfinder with my 5x10 trailer will haul a cord pretty easy and fits the bill just right. I do have a hard time remembering its not a truck though and the cargo area shows some wear and tear because of it. Oh well its just a car right?

2952427063_60530d1401.jpg

'05 Ranger pickup. The 7 foot bed and HD payload package lets me haul 1/2 cord per trip. The 4 cylinder engine, header, and 5-speed tranny gives me 30 mpg while doing it. Best truck I ever owned.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,479
I hauled this load for 4 hours down the expressway and a few back roads. Then I went back and got the same load again and came all the way back. Ignore the date in the picture, camera wasn't set. All that wood is stacked tight in the truck and trailer.
trailer-1.jpg

It kind of cool for me to see all the trailers since this will be my first year using a trailer instead of a truck. It just seems that one has to have a truck to do this but it is very doable with out a truck if one does not have to go way back in the woods for access.

My wood hauler is a UHAUL trailer. I rent one whenever I find wood on Craigslist. Can't beat the price (of the wood either - usually free).

You are correct....... you are not supposed to load a trailer in excess of the approved weight limit. And, as far as you know, I don't. :)

OLE BLUE

ford.jpg

I use my grandfathers tractor to get it out of the mountains, and my trusty Jeep Cherokee in the background with a 5x10 trailer to get it home...

Attachments

• Murphytripjan08028-1.jpg
    Murphytripjan08028-1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,524
I drove a '97 Tacoma for 9 years - It was the best vehicle I've ever had, I used to load that thing up with so much wood the front tires would almost be off
the ground...

This spring Toyota wrote me a check to buy back the vehicle due to a frame rot warranty issue (talk about standing behind your product)...

And I just couldn't resist this GT - It hauls about 1/20th of a cord of wood :coolgrin:

I know it probably wasn't the best decision but it sure is a nice ride.

Attachments

• House 007.JPG
    House 007.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 1,462
05 F150 4x4 STX, although some gripe about the towing capacity (6200lbs, roughly a cord when including the trailer), i really have been happy with the truck and since I rarely tow, it's not a major issue. Big fan of the rubber floors and enough space to pick up the kids from daycare. Only had 19k on it when I bought it for a steal this summer. I work from home, so no worries on gas for me.

Here with trailer rented for 30bucks:

Attachments

• black truck.jpg
    black truck.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 1,484
DSC05294-355x261.jpg

'88 toyota 170,000 miles and still strong. MArlin Rock Crawler clutch

My smallest trailer

Attachments

• DSCF0192.JPG
    DSCF0192.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,428
My new hauler. It is a one ton diesel crew cab 4x4. I regularly tow a 7000 lb trailer and daily commute 8 miles to work so mpg isn't really as important as capability.

The prices for these big trucks has gone way way down. This 2000 model was cheap. Barely 5 figures and gets the same mpg as my previous gas half ton truck.

My trailer is an 18' car hauler rated for 10,000 lbs.

Attachments

• smallnewtruck.JPG
    smallnewtruck.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,379
I traded in my F250 deisel for this Chevy Colorado and had a buddy of mine build this 5x8 trailer. I can haul a full cord between the truck and trailer unless it's fresh cut Oak which is a little too heavy.

Attachments

• 000_0093.JPG
    000_0093.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,380
Status
Not open for further replies.