Time to start working on the rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
Duck season closes in about 3 hours and that will pretty much wrap up hunting season with the exception of a rabbit hunt or two. I will start splitting and stacking next week as well as training for 3 half marathons this year. If I continue to burn at the rate I've been burning then I am working on 2014/2015 at the earliest. Feels good to be that far ahead.

fv

"Feels good to be that far ahead." This winter here has been mild so far. I don't recall the mid-winter burning halfway January date, but the wood we staged for this season is not even close to half used. If your winter stash is the same, you're all that much farther ahead. Like $$ in the bank.

Gark said:
"Feels good to be that far ahead." This winter here has been mild so far. I don't recall the mid-winter burning halfway January date, but the wood we staged for this season is not even close to half used. If your winter stash is the same, you're all that much farther ahead. Like $$ in the bank.

"Should have half your wood and half your hay at Groundhog Day"
so the saying goes

fireview2788 said:
Duck season closes in about 3 hours and that will pretty much wrap up hunting season with the exception of a rabbit hunt or two. I will start splitting and stacking next week as well as training for 3 half marathons this year. If I continue to burn at the rate I've been burning then I am working on 2014/2015 at the earliest. Feels good to be that far ahead.

fv

Sounds like you are burning lots of calories to go with that wood. Great to be active.

Great to be way ahead.
If you get a chance, we like pictures. Before, during & after are nice ones :)

Quack, Quack. Our water fowl left in Sept :)

Nice going fv. And good luck on the runs. Please let us know how you do in these. Personally, I'm now in training to crew for a 4-man recumbent bicycle team in Race Across America.

Thanks and I will. Today was my first run in 4 months and boy have I lost it! I kept my pace under 10 minutes for the 3.1 miles but I'll be hurting tomorrow. I've put on 12lbs since the Air Force Half in September so the extra weight isn't helping.

Recumbents rock! They really help people with neck and back injuries stay in the game. Tell me more about what you are doing.

fv

Hey, when I have a bit more time I'll send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.