Time to update the sig... about 50' of .325

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJF1313

Oct 25, 2009
Pine Barrons, L.I., NY
Well, the neighbor across the way asked if I made chains up. He's doing small equipment repairs on the side. A customer of his asked for some chain for saw, and he didn't have it. I made up a couple of loops of 18"ers for his customer and a few 16"ers for him. He's helped me in the past, we've B.S.'ed alot over time. I guess I "payed it forward" for him and his customer - didn't ask or WANT a dime. In the past winter, I did sharpen "his" chains, and during the summer, I sharpen "his" blades, and he always gave use something unexpected.

I just like a neighbor like that - I/we don't need anything; and they don't/want anything. But when they need a hand, we/they are always there. Unlike my old neighborhood - gimme, gimme, gimme, then GFY!

Sorry - I guess this this is more Ash Can than Gear - But it made me feel proud/wanted than used/abused...

EDIT - yeah - a "gurly" chain - but I guess I'm a gurl!

If I could run .325 on my 880 You can bet your left hand IT WOULD BE ON THERE! Nice to help people out without the law suites..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.