Timed the order well, the 346 is here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
After selling my MS211, I had the need for a limbing/smaller saw. I decided that with the storm coming, if I was serious, it was time to order. I remember the lack of saws available after the storms last year, so I went ahead and ordered the 346xp with a 16 inch bar. It came yesterday. Gonna run her today. Assembled it with a flashlight in my teeth, so the pic is via the same flashlight source.

Attachments

• 346.jpg
    346.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 121
My hearts out to all you folks affected by the storm. We barely got the edge of it here in NE Ohio. The most we have to worry about here is the very rare tornado. The winter storms here aren't much either ... I grew up in Buffalo! I hope you've been able to burn some and at least stay warm till your power is restored. Have fun with the new saw, break it in easy!

I purchased a 346XP last winter and I really like it. I went from an older Husqvarna 45 to the 346 so it was a definite upgrade for me. However, even though the 346 will cut 90% of what I deal with for some reason I have this urge to buy a larger saw and I don't know why :).

Good luck with your new 346 you're going to love it.

Still no power. Knocked out the downed 75 ft spruce. First outing with the xp. Angry little thing! Perfect saw to tackle this tree. Only downside was the sap that I had to clean off the saw afterwards. Took about 3.5 hours to get it done. I left the main trunk, about 16 ft, intact with hopes of milling it.

Attachments

• spruce3.jpg
    spruce3.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 115
The 346 may become your "go to" saw.
Almost as strong as the 359 & a bit lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.