Timng on the new saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Made my mind up a month ago that the 346xp was my next saw. I have a couple of big Red Oaks to buck and have been waiting for a thaw of sorts to expose the tree for safer bucking. Now that thaw is on the horizon, likely this week, the saw is no where to be found. A nationwide need for saws post-storms has consumed most pro-level saws, and this model for sure. I had 2 or 3 that were all selling at 469 at my door, and all are looking at mid-March deliveries. I may have to pony up the 80 dollar difference and buy off the shelf of a local, if they have them? I would rather deal local anyhow, but 80 bucks is 80 bucks.

So your local dealer is charging $550. Is that before or after taxes? If that is before taxes, there is some serious price gouging going on. Average price on that saw with a 18" bar is between $475-$500. If your dealer is charging over msrp, id stay away...

About 500 out the door with a 18" bar around here, and no shortage.

Cast your net wider on the local dealers. Yours apparently don't have any competition.

Good luck to ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.