1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Tired of stacking

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by wg_bent, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Well, at this point, I've got around 11 cords of wood. Last year I burned around 4. I've been splitting some birch/soft maple/pine/What the hell is this stuff? I got from my fathers neighbor and much of it is very dry. My source of pallets has apparently dried up (the local foreign auto parts store) so I've begun to just toss about 1 cord of splits and short peices in between two neatly stacked cords of oak. I figure I'll dip into that first around late Sept or early Oct. The energy required to look for pallets is spent...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DonCT

DonCT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Heh, I've got a great supplier or pallets. A friend of mine works at a tool shop that makes molds and tools for all sorts of large aviation companies and even NASA. They get parts the size of large jet engines in all the time on massive pallets. He sets them aside and I pick through them and find the ones I want :)

I think I've only got about 3 cord or so split so far. I may end up having to buy about a cord or so until I can get caught up.......... Too much to do, not enough time :(
  3. Sandor

Sandor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Deltaville,VA
    Looks like your up to the 09/10 burning season. Relax for awhile!

However, last year was rather mild.... so that may be 08/09!

Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the site of the woodpile with a frosty one, or 10.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.