Tired of stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Well, at this point, I've got around 11 cords of wood. Last year I burned around 4. I've been splitting some birch/soft maple/pine/What the hell is this stuff? I got from my fathers neighbor and much of it is very dry. My source of pallets has apparently dried up (the local foreign auto parts store) so I've begun to just toss about 1 cord of splits and short peices in between two neatly stacked cords of oak. I figure I'll dip into that first around late Sept or early Oct. The energy required to look for pallets is spent...

Heh, I've got a great supplier or pallets. A friend of mine works at a tool shop that makes molds and tools for all sorts of large aviation companies and even NASA. They get parts the size of large jet engines in all the time on massive pallets. He sets them aside and I pick through them and find the ones I want :)

I think I've only got about 3 cord or so split so far. I may end up having to buy about a cord or so until I can get caught up.......... Too much to do, not enough time :(

Warren said:
Well, at this point, I've got around 11 cords of wood. Last year I burned around 4. I've been splitting some birch/soft maple/pine/What the hell is this stuff? I got from my fathers neighbor and much of it is very dry. My source of pallets has apparently dried up (the local foreign auto parts store) so I've begun to just toss about 1 cord of splits and short peices in between two neatly stacked cords of oak. I figure I'll dip into that first around late Sept or early Oct. The energy required to look for pallets is spent...

Looks like your up to the 09/10 burning season. Relax for awhile!

However, last year was rather mild.... so that may be 08/09!

Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the site of the woodpile with a frosty one, or 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.