Tjernlund AireShare room to room fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you people using fans sitting on the floor have wives, pets, or kids?

just askin.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Installed... Dad came over and we got it wired. Just had to finsh putting wall plates on and cleaning up when I got home from the kids Scout meeting...

Running the Quad tonight so I can get a good baseline (have a register from Fahrenheit in our room. Will report back tomorrow. Tonights supposed to be pretty cold. Right now reading 13* outside on both weather stations.

Initial observations are its at least 3 times quiter than the Broan #512's. Although its less output (Broan 90CFM and Aireshare 75CFM) the Broan is a little overkill for a bedroom. The recycle rate on the air, should still be pretty good.

The switch is the one on the left (right next to my dresser) instructions were simple. The cut-out's provided were spot on for hole sizes and the thing is just quiet. Flat out quiet.

Attachments

• done1.jpg
    done1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 289
  • done2.jpg
    done2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 313
  • done3.jpg
    done3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 285
Looking good.

Hopefully, its more effective for you.

Keep us informed.

smoke show said:
Do you people using fans sitting on the floor have wives, pets, or kids?

just askin.

Wife - Yes, but she only tolerates it when it's very cold out.
Pets - No
Kids - teens

Any updates on the aireshare fans? I'm trying to push cold air into the stove room and the wife is sick of tripping over the fan I have in the kitchen. My plan is to put one of these in the living room that shares a wall with the family room. I want to push cold air into the Family room, therefore displacing the warm air into the rest of the house.

I'm a little leery. 300 cfm isn't a lot of air movement, about 1/2 my floor fan.

These are room to room only.

Theres a big warning in the box that says do not use level to level.

As far as codes go I'm not sure, I like living on the edge.

Maybe the resident code enforcer can chime in???

They now make these for level to level. See link. Better check your local codes. Northern tool was selling at a lower price than Tjernlund.
Scroll down to the AirShare level to level.

http://www.tjernlund.com/Hearth.htm

Reactions: smoke show
Status
Not open for further replies.