To all the folks worrying about whether or not their wood will be ready

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Hooper! You'll actually find some meaningful information here...though probably not much in this particular thread. Rick

How about getting that old white leisure suit from the hall closet and singing "Disco Inferno" to the woodpile? (Burn baby burn, disco inferno...)

Or maybe crooning Bruce Springstone's "I'm on Fire" to it in a moody, lustful kind of fashion.

How about that old sixties song "Fire" by Cathedral?

Oh this category is a huge one.

I do have some secret information involving chaps and couples

One person can wear a set of chaps. Atleast the chaps I am used to.

Unless they are direct descandants of Twiggy, perhaps.

Maybe.

:) Wow . My family thinks I'm gone I sit and stare at my wood , She s saying make me hot . But not yet , . I take her clothes off on the sunny days (TARP) First year guy . All scrounged wood so far . Think I M short . next year will be better ,. I ll learn .

People say a lot of chit that they have read , but not actually experienced. Well I am experienced in the art of burning wet wood, dry wood and everything in between...Lots of these folks will give you information ...and for the most part it is to scare you into a perfect situation. Situations are never perfect, so you do the best with what you got...including burning wet wood.

I'm glad to hear that the rest of you are as disturbed as I am. It's at least once a week that I make up some excuse to get out the door (gotta feed the chickens, check on the garden, etc.), grab a few beers, and disappear into the wood shed for 15 minutes or so. But then, I'm out of beer so I have to go back into the house :long:

One of these days, I'll remember to take a 12 pack.

Lets not forget this one......

Hard Woods said:
Nice.......If you're heating with pellet's hide your money in your shoes, at 300 a ton, cord wood is what to choose.....Oh sweet Mama my splitter's got them Elm round Blue's... Went down to the ACE saw some pellets on display, 327.50 was the price there yesterday, Oh Sweet Mama, my splitter's got them Elm Round Blue's...Wood scrounging is fun, I do it all I can, just my little way of stickin' it to the man..Oh sweet Mama my splitter's got them Elm round blues! Jerry said he may come back tonight to work on this some more. That's it for now...

After reading thru this thread I feel like going outside (again) and shouting "I`m sane, I`m really sane". But then no one would believe that except for you guys and gals on this forum who also happen to be -wood junkies-.. :coolcheese:

There is a word in the English Dictionary called ...Class....It's a bit hard to describe...but I will make an attempt. After all, it is my own definition...

Class is when you don't scream too loudly when you win...

And don't complain too loudly when you lose..................

Dig That Boys and girls

JPapiPE said:
There is a word in the English Dictionary called ...Class....It's a bit hard to describe...but I will make an attempt. After all, it is my own definition...

Class is when you don't scream too loudly when you win...

And don't complain too loudly when you lose..................

Dig That Boys and girls

But what about just screaming-" I love my wood-I love my nice seasoned wood"? I dunno, me thinks we wood-burners are in a class of our own.

sniff,sniff, I smell ashes :cheese:

JPapiPE said:
Pellet Burners ... Please tell us what is happening in the world of Pellet Stoves and Pellet fuel prices.....

Hey Joe: I am classy enough to know that your last post belongs in the pellet forum.. So, take that, in spite of the fact that I go out and admire my woodsheds and wood rows every day, I am sane after all. Maybe I don`t really have class, but I will take that rum an pepsi in my hand and enjoy my wood drying anyway :coolgrin:

Maybe not feel so good in the morning after though :gulp:

It is our time. So your wood pile will no longer be lonely! All our drying ideas are now ready for the annual test. No more visits are needed just to admire our fine work. With these lower temps, it will be a daily visit to the stack, rick or HH, at least.

Hey, wood burners. What is your prefered transport method of dry wood to your stove?

Say maybe by:

Wheel barrow
Four wheeler
Farm/garden tractor w/trailer
Shoe leather express
Wife
Sled dog and sled
Kids sled/red wagon - pulled by mother in law
Pickup truck with empty honey wagon in tow
Visiting relatives on the way out
Ageing SUV with near empty tank

What is yours?

Hard Woods said:
Lets not forget this one......

Hard Woods said:
Nice.......If you're heating with pellet's hide your money in your shoes, at 300 a ton, cord wood is what to choose.....Oh sweet Mama my splitter's got them Elm round Blue's... Went down to the ACE saw some pellets on display, 327.50 was the price there yesterday, Oh Sweet Mama, my splitter's got them Elm Round Blue's...Wood scrounging is fun, I do it all I can, just my little way of stickin' it to the man..Oh sweet Mama my splitter's got them Elm round blues! Jerry said he may come back tonight to work on this some more. That's it for now...

I never saw that one - GREAT STUFF!

I got my 3+ cord of seasoned wood the other day, and my two little girls (7 and 5) are helping me move it and stack it. We have quite a system going, and we have lots of time to figure out how the wood will get inside. We're thinking red wagon until snow flies, then we'll get a plastic sled to slide it across the snow to the house. It sounds like a good plan to me!

:coolsmile:

Johnny B. said:
I got my 3+ cord of seasoned wood the other day, and my two little girls (7 and 5) are helping me move it and stack it. We have quite a system going, and we have lots of time to figure out how the wood will get inside. We're thinking red wagon until snow flies, then we'll get a plastic sled to slide it across the snow to the house. It sounds like a good plan to me!

If your going to be burning 24/7, that plan will get old quick, been there done that.
Do yourself a favor, put 2 pallets on some blocks near the entrance of the house at room stove sits, stack it full of wood & cover. Or put some sides on, stack wood even higher and cover. Less trips less far. In the rain, snow & tired nights, you will understand why I suggest this.

sonnyinbc said:
JPapiPE said:
Pellet Burners ... Please tell us what is happening in the world of Pellet Stoves and Pellet fuel prices.....

Hey Joe: I am classy enough to know that your last post belongs in the pellet forum.. So, take that, in spite of the fact that I go out and admire my woodsheds and wood rows every day, I am sane after all. Maybe I don`t really have class, but I will take that rum an pepsi in my hand and enjoy my wood drying anyway :coolgrin:

Maybe not feel so good in the morning after though :gulp:

Hey ACsonnyinBC or ACBC for short.

Even after almost 21 years in the biz and well over 50,000+ cords out the gate I still walk out a couple times a week with a cold Keystone in hand and admire my own personal pile ,then as I turn to walk away I see the propane tank and break out in a possum grin . Even after a day when nothing went right and I'm so sick of looking at wood I can puke I still can look at my pile . Sane or insane ,you be the judge.

LEE

Hogwildz said:
Johnny B. said:

If your going to be burning 24/7, that plan will get old quick, been there done that.
Do yourself a favor, put 2 pallets on some blocks near the entrance of the house at room stove sits, stack it full of wood & cover. Or put some sides on, stack wood even higher and cover. Less trips less far. In the rain, snow & tired nights, you will understand why I suggest this.

That's the rest of the plan. We'll have at least 1.5 cord by the back door. that will be the 'it's colder than a .... ' pile. Otherwise, we'll pull a week's worth onto the back deck on the weekend.

BTW, I was the kid who filled the woodbox every night for years growing up. I know all about trudging through snow up to my waist (I was also the kid who shoveled the path to the wood shed). I got really good at carrying a LOT of wood in one trip!

Johnny B. said:
BTW, I was the kid who filled the woodbox every night for years growing up. I know all about trudging through snow up to my waist (I was also the kid who shoveled the path to the wood shed). I got really good at carrying a LOT of wood in one trip!

You too hu? I used to hate filling the woodbox when I was a kid. I plan on passing this time honored tradition on to my son now. Unfortunately he's only 19 months old at this point. :smirk:

You too hu? I used to hate filling the woodbox when I was a kid. I plan on passing this time honored tradition on to my son now. Unfortunately he’s only 19 months old at this point.

What do you figure he will be ready as soon as 24 months? could be walking by then but just make sure to cut the wood smaller for him. I think that is when my father started me.

Status
Not open for further replies.