To all you pretty Woodshed owners.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
My wife calls it my Louisiana swamp shack.
Made from recycled Pallet wood, standing dead wood, and recycled deck supports, Only thing bought new were the roof supports and roofing itslef. Ugly as heck but quite functional, and hey when it collapses, hopefully not for a few more years, alot of it can be burnt.

Attachments

• To all you pretty Woodshed owners.....
    woodshed.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 974
HehHeh . . . I like it . . . how many cases did it take to build this shed? :) ;)

On a serious note . . . if it does the job and works for you . . . well . . . that's all that truly matters.

oldspark said:
I like it also, are you making moonshine out back?

BaaaHaaaha - that was exactly what I was thinking. I'm picturing some skinny old hunched over dude wearing bibs and giggling to himself, while token on an old corn cob pipe, throw'in a couple more splits into the fire.

For the wood shed - beats the heck out of trying to work with tarps in the middle of winter. Its a thing of rustic beauty.

I'll have to sharpen my carving knife and whittle ya up a Yankee Ingenuity Award.

Only gotta impress one person.
( and it looks good to me) :)

shawneyboy said:
Made from recycled Pallet wood, standing dead wood, and recycled deck supports, Only thing bought new were the roof supports and roofing itslef. Ugly as heck but quite functional, and hey when it collapses, hopefully not for a few more years, alot of it can be burnt.

Looks like a steel city woodshed, tough. (Mean Joe Greene Tough)

zap

Think I heard dualing banjos when I opened that post lol... Hey as long as it works.. If you live in the country you can get away with alot more. In the city you could have trouble with the neighbors...

Ray

That's called making do with what you have. Put a raised floor in that and it could also be used for a corn crib. Maybe a doghouse? Let the imagination wander a bit. In the meantime, perhaps you should do something about that wood pile on the outside. It is leaning pretty badlyl

Last winter I spent days creating a distressed wood theme in one of the rooms in my house. I spent days staining, beating, scratching and re-staining the wood to obtain the desired effect, and I can tell you it has nothing on that shed.
Good work ;-)

Backwoods Savage said:
That's called making do with what you have. Put a raised floor in that and it could also be used for a corn crib. Maybe a doghouse? Let the imagination wander a bit. In the meantime, perhaps you should do something about that wood pile on the outside. It is leaning pretty badlyl

Or, someplace to put the revenuers (sp) when they try to slap a tax on ya. :lol:
I'm more a function over form person, so, good on ya for a functional woodshed.
The one 2x that can be seen at the roofline has gotta go though. It's totally messing up the ambiance. It's too pretty.

Sweeeeet,sweet, sweet as candy. I think im gettin' a toothache!!

Firefighter
HehHeh . . . I like it . . . how many cases did it take to build this shed?

Just a couple.... Oh wait I lost count

Jags

Its a thing of rustic beauty.

Thats almost exactly what I said to her !!!

Raybonz

If you live in the country you can get away with alot more.

One of the advantages of living in the sticks for sure... In the mountains in NE PA

Backwoods..

perhaps you should do something about that wood pile on the outside. It is leaning pretty badlyl

It looks alot worse than it really is.,

Papa Dave

The one 2x that can be seen at the roofline has gotta go though. It’s totally messing up the ambiance

Thats where the bird feeder is gonna go..... Or maybe a wooden wind chime ???? LOL

Carbon_Liberator said:
Last winter I spent days creating a distressed wood theme in one of the rooms in my house. I spent days staining, beating, scratching and re-staining the wood to obtain the desired effect, and I can tell you it has nothing on that shed.
Good work ;-)

LOL!!!

shawneyboy said:

This would win first place in any Redneck woodshed contest. Wish I thought of it first!

Attachments

• To all you pretty Woodshed owners.....
    woodshed.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 690
I like it. I am never posting pictures of my shed now.

I like it too. Just don't let the mother-in-law see it.

I need a woodshed and you sir have just inspired me. I have an unlimited supply of pallets, some old tin roof and a few tall skinny trees in my sights. I love it. Its just what a woodshed outta look like.

mrfjsf said:
I need a woodshed and you sir have just inspired me. I have an unlimited supply of pallets, some old tin roof and a few tall skinny trees in my sights. I love it. Its just what a woodshed outta look like.

Build away !!!! Hey post some pics of it as well, see if you can get the "Redneck Woodshed Award of the Year"

Very nice.
Wish I could scrounge that kind of building material.
Good Job!

shawneyboy said:
mrfjsf said:

Build away !!!! Hey post some pics of it as well, see if you can get the "Redneck Woodshed Award of the Year"

im going to get my collection of pallets going throughout the winter so they can be good and weathered looking by next spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.