To burn or not to burn this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those saying to save it for later in the season, should be fine to use it this winter

I burn what I got.
Now I'm been lucky to have some CSS 2 yr old stuff in the shed but for years I burned 1 yr or less seasoned wood.

Just keep inspecting the chimney for any creo build up & burn a little hotter.
Like said, it will be dryer yet come time for you to burn. You should be OK.
But if it's what you got, burn it.

Try to get some for next winter (2012-2013) cut & split soon, you'll be in good shape.

Good luck.

bogydave said:
I burn what I got.
Now I'm been lucky to have some CSS 2 yr old stuff in the shed but for years I burned 1 yr or less seasoned wood.

Just keep inspecting the chimney for any creo build up & burn a little hotter.
Like said, it will be dryer yet come time for you to burn. You should be OK.
But if it's what you got, burn it.

Try to get some for next winter (2012-2013) cut & split soon, you'll be in good shape.

Good luck.
Did that for the first 3 years (well, I still do, but now it's much drier). When we first started, got the wet wood delivered in Sept., and started burning it within a couple weeks. :ahhh:
Quite the learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.