To buy or not to buy...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that HD and Lowes give 10% military discounts (veterans included), which brings the price/ton down to $179.10/ton. So if you aren't a vet but know someone who is, bring them along with their ID.

The local HD up here has tightened their requirements for a military discount. A veterans card has to say Service Connected Disablity or they won't honor the discount. I have a service connected disability, but the only way to get that statement on my ID is to get all of my medical care at the VA, and I choose not to do that. Just a heads up.

Steve from Wood Pellet Warehouse showed up with my 4 tons yesterday, had a devil of a time getting into my yard, but he persevered. Pretty tight fit for a rig that size, got lots of practice on his backing - up skills. Got 2 ton into the cellar yesterday, gotta go get at the other 2 now. Will definitely do business with him again in the future.

As of 7 a.m. they're all in.

Attachments

• P1060576.JPG
    P1060576.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: LMPS
It damned sure wasn't me. !!

Did the same thing here. Have not burned the softies but as you given everything said about them and they are MWP's ordered two tons.

Got my softies from SIB today as promised. I don't know how he is able to tug and pull on that pallet jack and off load them right where I wanted them. Local made pellets from an independent dealer working very hard to make a living. I'll be getting the mixed hardwood from him in my next delivery.
DSCF2723 (640x480).jpg

The local HD up here has tightened their requirements for a military discount. A veterans card has to say Service Connected Disablity or they won't honor the discount. I have a service connected disability, but the only way to get that statement on my ID is to get all of my medical care at the VA, and I choose not to do that. Just a heads up.

You might want to run that by the HD corporate offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.