To buy or not...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caston

Mar 15, 2013
Just found a Hampton GCI60 at a reputable chain hardware store. Its a October 2011 production run and still in its crate. SN 384 245542

Does anyone know if any changes have been made to the model since then? (Improvements, redesigns etc)

I know its a good stove but I'm a little concerned about buying one made over 1.5 yrs ago...

Price is $2000 plus tax

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Just found a Hampton GCI60 at a reputable chain hardware store. Its a October 2011 production run and still in its crate. SN 384 245542

Does anyone know if any changes have been made to the model since then? (Improvements, redesigns etc)

I know its a good stove but I'm a little concerned about buying one made over 1.5 yrs ago...

Price is $2000 plus tax

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Sure some problems exist, I have had some trouble, but overall this stove is a work horse, and for that price, I would be all over it!

Reactions: Defiant
I've been looking at them as well. Fantastic price, I'd snatch it up in heartbeat. If you are near MA and aren't going to purchase it PM me with the name of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.