To Fell A Tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
My wife ordered this book and it came in yesterday, I'll start to read this sometime this week . I think it was Flatbedford who put this up in another forum.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1440.jpg
    100_1440.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 302
Yup. It was I. Highly recommended. I post links to it in just about every post here with questions about felling technique.

Ive heard a lot of good things about it I guess Ill have to get a copy. Always looking to learn something...

That book will help you stay safe and become a better woodsman. I have it and it is fantastic.

excellant book. Dent's book was the classic for a long time, but I think this is better.
Much better reading, Dent is old style for sure
Better illustrations
Definitely safety and consumer oriented
Very good with the more modern style of 'job instructions' format. do step 1, then 2, then 3, etc.
I think more appropriate to the casual user. Dent's was more for the western loggers and pro's. It was a good book, but time marches on....

Jepson also has a prior book about knots and rigging, Tree Climbers Companion I think called. Climbing is NOT an interest for me, but the rope work info is great.

I think Baileys has them both. I got from Sherrill or Fresco I think.

kcj

Status
Not open for further replies.