To Garn or Not to Garn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smangold said:
Garn said:
When are you guys going to post pics? For all I know you guys could be a bunch of retired used car salesmen :p
Better than a Garn....Thats impossible!
With all do respect , I have watched a Garn burn and also now have my Switzer running. Its not even close.

I want a Garn in my garage so badly I can taste it. Pray, good fellow, what differences do you see between the Switzer burn and the Garn? I don't want to plop down $15K on a product and then have a Homer Simpson "Doh!" moment (with appropriate slap to the forehead) right after my installation is finished.

Chris Fallis said:
smangold said:
Garn said:
When are you guys going to post pics? For all I know you guys could be a bunch of retired used car salesmen :p
Better than a Garn....Thats impossible!
With all do respect , I have watched a Garn burn and also now have my Switzer running. Its not even close.

I want a Garn in my garage so badly I can taste it. Pray, good fellow, what differences do you see between the Switzer burn and the Garn? I don't want to plop down $15K on a product and then have a Homer Simpson "Doh!" moment (with appropriate slap to the forehead) right after my installation is finished.
The biggest thing is a pressure system vs. non with pressure you can hit higher temps. Switzers have two speed fans.wasting less heat mid burn.Also it senses when to shut the fan off not wasting heat after the fire is off. It is just plain better , if you compared them side by side for a hour. It would be quite evident. this is not to say a Garn isn't very good . It is . I might ruffle feathers but it is simply a better system.All the little things Gary does set it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.