1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

To Garn or Not to Garn

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by stihlgoin, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stihlgoin

stihlgoin New Member

Loc:
    Candor, NY
    I have pics of concrete forms and thermopex. Not what anybody is dying to see yet...........

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. chrisfallis

chrisfallis Member

Loc:
    Central Colorado
    I want a Garn in my garage so badly I can taste it. Pray, good fellow, what differences do you see between the Switzer burn and the Garn? I don't want to plop down $15K on a product and then have a Homer Simpson "Doh!" moment (with appropriate slap to the forehead) right after my installation is finished.
  3. smangold

smangold Member

Loc:
    Northeast CT hills
    The biggest thing is a pressure system vs. non with pressure you can hit higher temps. Switzers have two speed fans.wasting less heat mid burn.Also it senses when to shut the fan off not wasting heat after the fire is off. It is just plain better , if you compared them side by side for a hour. It would be quite evident. this is not to say a Garn isn't very good . It is . I might ruffle feathers but it is simply a better system.All the little things Gary does set it apart.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.