to hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homer1

Jan 2, 2011
alb nm
i have a breckwell p22 insert set on # 3 it will get so hot after about 2 hours that it will go off have the damper out about 3/4 open
tobay i pulled out some to get more air to the back of stove it would get to hot in a 1hour or to but it did
not go of the high blower would stop the low keep going and the stove keep going when it cool down the high blower would come back on
clean time i use it have used 15 bags in the last 5 mouths

Home, you need to discover the wonderful power of putting periods at the end of sentences. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to proof-read what you've typed before submitting it. That way it won't read like jibberish.

The person came here for stove advice on stoves, not grammar. If you cant comprehend what he wrote, leave the thread to be answered by someone who can. (which isnt me) or if you really want to help the person, give him advice on grammar in a PM.

homer1 said:
i have a breckwell p22 insert set on # 3 it will get so hot after about 2 hours that it will go off have the damper out about 3/4 open
tobay i pulled out some to get more air to the back of stove it would get to hot in a 1hour or to but it did
not go of the high blower would stop the low keep going and the stove keep going when it cool down the high blower would come back on
clean time i use it have used 15 bags in the last 5 mouths

You likely need to remove and clean your convection blower, and depending upon the actual motor on the blower it may need a couple of drops of oil. The motor manufacturer's plate should tell what oil to use and when it needs to be done.

You adjust the damper for a proper flame and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.