1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

To Log or Not to Log

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by JohnnyG, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JohnnyG

JohnnyG New Member

Loc:
    SE PA near Philly
    That is the question.

I have the log set but I think I like the look of the stove better without them. I have never burned the stove without the logs and I am wondering if they make any kind of operational difference. I guess time will tell.

-g

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    Decoration only.

They look good for about 4 hours, then just get loaded with ash and make it harder to clean.
    whlago and CT Pellet like this.
  3. CT Pellet

CT Pellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Torrington, CT
    Johnny....
    One of the nice things about the way that you "pellet" is that you have a kick-ass stove with a kick-ass pellet. You put your pellets in and enjoy the stove without any real issues and/or mess. When your stove is running, you have a nice strong, vibrant flame that moves and shakes like Shakira's hips. That kind of flame is beautiful and something that is worthy of just sitting there and admiring. Do not hide it behind a $250 "fake log option." Just keep that stove clean and your flame will be a flame for others to envy. Log sets are to pellet stoves what pastic surgery is to women.....They are unnatural and unnecessary.
    iceguy4 and Brokenwing like this.
  4. magsf11

magsf11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    buffalo ny
    i have som and i hate them. like it was said it make the stoe a lot harder to clean and after a few hours or so it looks like you have a mound of ass build up. i only use mine in the summer. make the stove look when it is nice and clean and not running
  5. briansol

Loc:
    central ct
    I hate it when my stove has a mound of ass.
    Eatonpcat and Thaddius Wenderoth like this.
  6. magsf11

magsf11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    buffalo ny
    lol ass ment ash. just got home a long night from work. ass build up not good for the stove
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  7. briansol

Loc:
    central ct
    needs a harlem shake...
  8. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    OMG....definitely not a good thing. Maybe you got the wrong kind of logs mags !!!
  9. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I use them for decoration only, in the Summer. Otherwise, they just get in the way and the ceramic of the Quad set, eventually fades and cracks. Keep them nice and put them in for Summer curb appeal.
    mralias likes this.
  10. Cincinnati Kid

Cincinnati Kid Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Cincinnati
    I do the same thing