To Log or Not to Log

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyG

Feb 7, 2013
SE PA near Philly
That is the question.

I have the log set but I think I like the look of the stove better without them. I have never burned the stove without the logs and I am wondering if they make any kind of operational difference. I guess time will tell.

-g

Decoration only.

They look good for about 4 hours, then just get loaded with ash and make it harder to clean.

Johnny....
One of the nice things about the way that you "pellet" is that you have a kick-ass stove with a kick-ass pellet. You put your pellets in and enjoy the stove without any real issues and/or mess. When your stove is running, you have a nice strong, vibrant flame that moves and shakes like Shakira's hips. That kind of flame is beautiful and something that is worthy of just sitting there and admiring. Do not hide it behind a $250 "fake log option." Just keep that stove clean and your flame will be a flame for others to envy. Log sets are to pellet stoves what pastic surgery is to women.....They are unnatural and unnecessary.

i have som and i hate them. like it was said it make the stoe a lot harder to clean and after a few hours or so it looks like you have a mound of ass build up. i only use mine in the summer. make the stove look when it is nice and clean and not running

lol ass ment ash. just got home a long night from work. ass build up not good for the stove

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I use them for decoration only, in the Summer. Otherwise, they just get in the way and the ceramic of the Quad set, eventually fades and cracks. Keep them nice and put them in for Summer curb appeal.

Reactions: mralias
I use them for decoration only, in the Summer. Otherwise, they just get in the way and the ceramic of the Quad set, eventually fades and cracks. Keep them nice and put them in for Summer curb appeal.

I do the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.