To much free wood at once in SE CT. Anyone want to help and share.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundgunner

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2013
Rural CT
I have a few people who all have trees down and need them gone. I have a truck, trailer & Kubota but my dump truck is still being fixed. I'm 57 & I just cant load the trailer unload the trailer and split & stack day after day.

I don't want to tell these tree guys I don't want the wood because I know next time it will go to someone else. I burnt 14 cords this year so I need all I can get but I'm overwhelmed right now.

If anybody in the Norwich area wants to help me gather and split using my stuff I will share half with you. Right now I'm guessing 8 cords of pine on the ground with "other" also. Haven't seen the one with other yet but Monday and Tuesday I'm committed to getting 3 maples. It will surely be a mixed bag. 2 cherrys next week and it seems to be coming in fast, I made some very good contacts last year.

Answer back if interested.

Wish I was closer. But from Bristol to Norwich is a long haul.

I might be interested. I'm 44, live in Griswold, near Pachaug Pond & work in Lisbon.

I have a duramax (6.5' bed) and 16' dual axel 14 KGVW flatbed with 2' sides, 31 ton MTD (road worthy although I am not that fond of towing it around much since the tires are getting up there in age) & a 55 cc saw with 18 & 20" bars.

I've predominatley burnt oak over the years. Mostly in a stove with secondary burn and in an Englander furnace the last 2 seasons. Next year I will be firing an Empyre Elite 100 hooked up to 550 gal of storage, an 80 gal indirect & a Nyletherm HPWH.

I'm trying to open myself up to other varieties of wood.

At this moment, I am extremely busy. Just finished 10 of 13 days in a row, all 13 hr days. Big project going on at work. Otherwise I have been looking for a scrounging partner myself.

I will help I PM'd you my contact info I am in Montville.

I'd love to help but I'm in a similar situation. Got hold of a 36 inch diameter 60 foot or so tall oak tree that was dropped last year and am working through it and the guy has 2 more maple trees and a 80 foot tall elm that he is dropping this week that he is giving to me. I'm excited but damn is it a lot of work when I work full time also.

Right now it is down to just a boatload of big pine and some already bucked and ready to load on the truck. Most people don't want the pine but these guys know I burn it so call me. Let me know, it is all on the ground already.

I have a few people who all have trees down and need them gone. I have a truck, trailer & Kubota but my dump truck is still being fixed. I'm 57 & I just cant load the trailer unload the trailer and split & stack day after day.

I don't want to tell these tree guys I don't want the wood because I know next time it will go to someone else. I burnt 14 cords this year so I need all I can get but I'm overwhelmed right now.

If anybody in the Norwich area wants to help me gather and split using my stuff I will share half with you. Right now I'm guessing 8 cords of pine on the ground with "other" also. Haven't seen the one with other yet but Monday and Tuesday I'm committed to getting 3 maples. It will surely be a mixed bag. 2 cherrys next week and it seems to be coming in fast, I made some very good contacts last year.

Answer back if interested.
Is there still wood available? How much?

there is about 10 t

I thought I posted this last night. There is a boatload of pine down and some is bucked. I got these 2 cherries today.

This was the view.

If you want the rest of the pine PM me your info, If you want to wait for more hard wood I wont be taking any more for a couple weeks so I will pass it on to you if I get a call to come and get it. PM me.

The text on the post with the bucked pine should read there is 10 times more 1 mile away but I think I fell asleep typing it. Another scrounger started taking some of it but I don't know how much he will take. I'm pretty sure nobody will want it all.

The heck with your wood. I want your truck. ==c

very nice truck
I like the wood to !

Wish I'd seen this sooner. Can't use the pine if if you run accross any hardwoods you want to share and need help with drop me a line. I'm in Colchester so its only a few minues down the road.

I am right over the border in RI...I don't need the pine but would help with hardwoods...have chainsaw and pickup, will travel...just PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.