To those of you thinking of using a "Boxwood" stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
This is the reason they are discouraged here.
Unsafe, inefficient, not EPA approved, will never heat much more than a room. and dangerous as all hell. Note the white haze on the shell, sure sign of overfiring, which is basically what you have to do to get good heat from these stoves.
The person's claim to paying "over $500.00 new" is a complete line of pure grade a bullshat. You can have this stove new for practically what he is asking for it. He found out the hard way and is trying to pass it along to another sucker.
So many ill informed will actually consider this stove.

Attachments

• woodburner.pdf
    28.6 KB · Views: 285
Good catch. Might save someone lots of misery.

You don't need a window in them, either. When they're glowing, you can see the fire.
"RUN, Sweetpea, RUN! It's a glowin' again!"
I got one for $89.95 at Harbor Freight in 2008. Never installed cuz it looked scary even to a novice burner.

I think as some point, most of us looked at these first, before researching and learning better.
I saw this type of stove before I got into wood burning and though, hmmm, cheap and easy. Then I researched and found this site, and that is all she wrote.
Unfortunately, there are many out there that never do good research and/or never find this site or others with true knowledge and safety points.
Not knowing better in this case, could be costly or unsafe in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.