Today picture Unbelievable

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dormer on the house needs flashing?

Uh, you left your Mercedes parked too close to the guys skid loader?????? Seriously maby a major league Mercedes parked in front of a modest country house, Coke dealerthat got chased out of the burbs. and relocated..........................uh well I give up.

BrotherBart said:
Can't see any violations from the air:

http://tinyurl.com/34jzj5

seccond house north of summer st in the right or east side. I can make out the chimney on the back of the garage.

Damn realy no privacy anymore Might make for a great inspection tool to spot chimneys

Stove is in the garage, and the Flintstone chimney is not aligned with the center of the planet.
I do not agree that either pose an unacceptable risk as long as the owners realize it as such and the draft is adequate.

There is also a lot of clutter around which likely violates some code. If they are happy why should I care.

Never seen a garage with in and out doors like that, possibly the ones swinging in could be a problem for Darwin candidates when they are trying to get out. But by the looks of things a good kick and I would just exit anyplace I wanted.

elkimmeg said:
BrotherBart said:
Can't see any violations from the air:

http://tinyurl.com/34jzj5

seccond house north of summer st in the right or east side. I can make out the chimney on the back of the garage.

Damn realy no privacy anymore Might make for a great inspection tool to spot chimneys

Not very much of the country is available in the color 1/4 meter res pictures yet, most is just the 1 meter B/W.

Im about 4 mile north west of that location and guite rural 9000 acres of state land acrost the street from me

elkimmeg said:
Im about 4 mile north west of that location and guite rural 9000 acres of state land acrost the street from me

Sounded like a challange so I sent the link to a pic of your place in a PM to you.

The chimney not being straight up and down poses a risk for sure. The chimney joints are meant to be loaded vertically. That angle is inducing a moment on the joints which could feasibly pull them apart.

Also, its probably single wall pipe.

The chimney is perpendicular to the roofline. What more do you want, elk?

I think I know what else. Besides the great angle of the chimney you're not allowed to have a garage location for the unit.

EDIT

Whoops, Andre B. already said that

Imagine being seen with 50,000 cars driving past it every day. Glad its not in my town.. Maloger and Earthharvester will know the location and have seen it many times

If one were to follow Rt 1 north 7 miles you would be at the Patriots stadium . I have to see if Maloger has taken the ladder off his roof yet, be m back shortly witha roport

Elk I think his ladder might still be there.

There's some doozies on my way to work, elk. Mostly single-wall stovepipe sticking out of various roofs, but there is one made out of what looks like an old piece of galvanized culvert that's classic.

I'm not sure your blood pressure is going to be so good after I post the pics.

Driz said:
Uh, you left your Mercedes parked too close to the guys skid loader?????? Seriously maby a major league Mercedes parked in front of a modest country house, Coke dealerthat got chased out of the burbs. and relocated..........................uh well I give up.

LOL!! That was exactly what I was going to post!!!

One just down the street from me.... A new OWB was chugging away last year. This year, a shed was built around it, then a 25' chimney was added... the funny part was that the "new" chimney was rusty from the get go and is kept in place with wire cables and turn buckles. The shed is clearly in place just to hide the OWB. It belches smoke like mad.

Code Violation page 6, section 8 Mercedes GVW [Gross Vehicle Weight] over limit when hauling a skid loader. :p

It's a detached building, so I don't know if the garage thing applies....especially if it is not used for car storage, etc.

So there may be NO code violations here....although if Elk wants to be a stickler he can probably find somewhere in the chimney manual where it tells them to install it level.

Chimney is the only one I see, manufactured chimneys instalation instructions say LEVEL and SQUARE.

Maybe he smokes sausages for the football season in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.