Today score! And Id?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana

Attachments

• resize h22.jpg
    resize h22.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 411
  • resize h24.jpg
    resize h24.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 401
  • resize h21.jpg
    resize h21.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 418
  • resize h20.jpg
    resize h20.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 429
nice score. looks like it was easy to get to also.

Best I got leaves are still very small with a lot of seed pods.

Attachments

• 93922.jpg
    93922.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 407
Still hard to see but might be American Linden or Basswood? Was it very light and cut through like butter?

Todd said:
Still hard to see but might be American Linden or Basswood? Was it very light and cut through like butter?

I will let you off the hook its shag bark hickory.

Todd said:
Ha, ha I was way off, great score.

11 trees just to get to this bad boy, was going to do a video but my nerves got the best of me and had to stay more focused..Wish you could see that there was a very tight landing zone I was pretty puckered!

Nice drop.

That's a great score, nice load of wood!!! And a pretty green lawn to work on too!!...lol

Man of Stihl said:
That's a great score, nice load of wood!!! And a pretty green lawn to work on too!!...lol

That's all I get, we can always get with in throwing distance of the trailer.

Very good Jay. You must be ahead of me by now.

Backwoods Savage said:
Very good Jay. You must be ahead of me by now.

12.5 stack another 5 trees to drop 2 miles away and 4-6 cords still on the ground in rounds at my place.

Yup Jay, you definitely will be passing me in the wood supply. Good work!

Backwoods Savage said:
Yup Jay, you definitely will be passing me in the wood supply. Good work!
6 trunks I am going to mill for lumbar, so firewood will be a couple cords and whatever we get from milling.

Jay,

Have you ever posted any pics of your milling setup? That I would like to see.
Are you able to sell the boards immediately after cutting or do you carefully let them "season" for a while first.

Thanks!

CJRages said:
Jay,

Are you able to sell the boards immediately after cutting or do you carefully let them "season" for a while first.

Thanks!

will start milling in a couple weeks, and I have a keln dry set up sould take about 3-4 weeks at around 100 degrees.
You can sell them fresh but worth more dryed.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/54884/ this is where I am at now, still pulling logs but sould finnish with that in the next souple weeks.

smokinjay said:
CJRages said:
Jay,

Thanks!

will start milling in a couple weeks, and I have a keln dry set up sould take about 3-4 weeks at around 100 degrees.
You can sell them fresh but worth more dryed.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/54884/ this is where I am at now, still pulling logs but sould finnish with that in the next souple weeks.
what's this kiln business? i don't remember reading about that.

CJRages said:
Jay,

Hey Jay - I didn't put him up to this - honest!

(I have been bugging for awhile)

Jags said:
CJRages said:
Jay,

Hey Jay - I didn't put him up to this - honest!

(I have been bugging for awhile)

lol I got both mills together last night missing a piece of Plexiglas and have an aux oil-er coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.