Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loon

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2010
ont canada
not gonna bother heading into the woods today and deal with the snow , so this 3 year old wall will be visiting the splitter :cheese:

calling for low winds sun and very nice temp PLUS my wife says she wants to help ;-)

will put up a couple pics as we go...

DSC_0081.jpg

Sweet....looks like fun. How is that I have more friggin' snow here on Long Island than you do in CANADA!??!

Sweet place Loon - enjoy the splitting - how much you plan to get out of that row of rounds + what do you have there? Cheers!

loon said:
low winds sun and very nice temp PLUS my wife says she wants to help ;-)

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Enjoy it.

wood-fan-atic said:
Sweet....looks like fun. How is that I have more friggin' snow here on Long Island than you do in CANADA!??!

old picture :cheese:

NH_Wood said:
Sweet place Loon - enjoy the splitting - how much you plan to get out of that row of rounds + what do you have there? Cheers!

thanks wood.. there is some ash,maple,elm and i hope some cherry :) not sure about the amount? but will do a quick measure in a bit...

Terry

SolarAndWood said:
loon said:
low winds sun and very nice temp PLUS my wife says she wants to help ;-)

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Enjoy it.

thanks solar, we should.. but my wife doesnt like how many breaks i take while on wood duty :p

loon said:
wood-fan-atic said:

old picture :cheese:

NH_Wood said:

thanks wood.. there is some ash,maple,elm and i hope some cherry :) not sure about the amount? but will do a quick measure in a bit...

Terry

Sounds great! Was just telling my wife how much I want to hit the woods - just too much snow. Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
how much you plan to get out of that row of rounds

28' single row, and looks like all of them have to be split with some monsters on the lower section.

loon

loon said:
NH_Wood said:
how much you plan to get out of that row of rounds

28' single row, and looks like all of them have to be split with some monsters on the lower section.

loon

So, perhaps 1 and 1/3 cord or so? Cheers!

sounds good wood, thanks..

here we are about half done..

DSC09486.jpg

and this is the fourth trailer load ;-P

DSC09481.jpg

Mrs Loon kept giving me 'the look' when it was beer break time :cheese:

loon

Loon it's a great day to split wood.

Zap

loon said:
nice over there also zap??

Real nice but it softened up the trails which made it tough going. We also picked up another two inches of snow yesterday.

Zap

Thats not a trailer that a fancy wheel barrel with a tongue.lol

smokinjay said:
Thats not a trailer that a fancy wheel barrel with a tongue.lol

this is a little much for the ole girl jay :cheese: will post a pic if i can find it? of the time i kinda overloaded it on the farm %-P

loon

DSC09490.jpg

Just need to learn Mrs. Loon on the great benefits of beer! Cheers!

weekends are mine wood ;-)

here's the mess i got into a couple years ago :cheese:

DSC03202.jpg

but got it home ;-P

DSC03206.jpg

loon

What went wrong?

Zap

loon said:
spring time zap and caught a rut..

Doesn't look like whatever was pulling it had a problem with the rut.

Great pics
Very nice place.
Nice equipment.
What type of splitter are you using, looks cold out?

thanks dave and its a 22ton mtd.

just googled that kind bob and they do look the same but ours are pyrenees...

DSC09429.jpg

loon

Loon love the dogs, can they stack?

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.