Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking saw . . . and good to hear from Murphy again . . . and well you too Loon. ;)

thanks jake... will see how the weekend go's and maybe get some shots with him out in the woods dealing with a few trees ;-)

the half broken maple in the middle of the bales is next ;-)

loon

DSC09829-1.jpg

Nice pic Loon, whatever happened to a square meal?

zap

those squares are way too much work zap :lol: here we are today and me and Emma got the locust wall done and your right (MUGGY) ;-)

loon

DSC09925-1.jpg

Nice, is that for this years burning season?

zap

no i will leave it up for a couple 3 years ;-)

have a boat load of Maple and dead standing Elm for this year..

Yup, your right Loon. Waitin to get out of work @ 4 so I can go home and play in the wood pile..................

been lazy so it's high time to start working the wood again

IMAG0008-1.jpg

IMAG0007-1.jpg

loon said:
cloudy and chilly here today..great day for some wood ;-)

loon

DSC09944.jpg

What type of wood is that in the picture?

zap

Log guy just showed up :D

IMAG0011-1.jpg

Gotta love those trucks pulling in :cheese:

thought it was a Maple last week zap? but will go get a picture of the leaves as it isnt? the top was in the tree line but pulled it out with the tractor yesterday and found out they are oval shaped?..

here it is Zap?

DSC09974-2.jpg

and here is a bunch of standing dead Elm that can kinda be seen along the tree line and will be in the stove this year ;-) about 30 on the ground when done.

DSC09975.jpg

had some extra hands as Mrs Loon came out to give me a hand this afternoon.. :cheese:

Terry

Not sure on the I.D. but it's nice that the wife and Murph both got out in the field with you. Since we started milling the wife has been helping, some quality time spent back in the woods the last month and a half.

zap

buddy of mine makes Turky calls and i guess Butternut wood is very good for the sound? here is some of the wood i knocked down for him and will drop off at the mill..

loon

DSC09808-1-1.jpg

loon said:
buddy of mine makes Turky calls and i guess Butternut wood is very good for the sound? here is some of the wood i knocked down for him and will drop off at the mill..

loon

DSC09808-1-1.jpg

Looks good loon, do you ever use his calls?

zap

loon said:
Murphy finally came out to help also. but a little late :p

DSC09983-1.jpg

Loon, how did Murph fare out on his bush trip? He looks pretty good in the pic.

he's doing pretty well Rotti ;-) we know he will never be the same but i sure the hell aint gonna give up on him :coolgrin:

mind you.. with the vet bills and me being stuck eating Kraft Dinner, it's getting a little old :lol:

loon

loon said:
he's doing pretty well Rotti ;-) we know he will never be the same but i sure the hell aint gonna give up on him :coolgrin:

mind you.. with the vet bills and me being stuck eating Kraft Dinner, it's getting a little old :lol:

loon

Hang in there Loon, he's worth every cent. good on ya for lookin out for your buds..............

Status
Not open for further replies.