Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firefighterjake said:
Just picturing you hanging out in the back of the pick up while Murphy and Emma drive you to the woodlot brought a smile to my face . . . as always I love the pics . . . still wondering about any place that allows dogs to drive cars though. ;)

by the look of my visa card jake, i think they ordered their own lisence plate also? %-P

cd_LP_F_GreatPyrGarden.jpg

here we are getting ready to head out and grab some more deadfall and i guess Murphy finally taught Emma how to run the bike :cheese:

DSC_0123.jpg

loon said:
here we are getting ready to head out and grab some more deadfall and i guess Murphy finally taught Emma how to run the bike :cheese:

DSC_0123.jpg

Keep them coming loon. Think Murphy and Emma can navigate the hills over here.

Zap

they should be able to, but gonna have to get them a pair of these though :cheese:

untitled-17.jpg

we just came in with another load of deadfall and this stuff is dandy..BUT.. does it ever burn hot!! ;-P

DSC09927.jpg

That stuff looks like you could throw it in the stove tonight!

Flatbedford said:
That stuff looks like you could throw it in the stove tonight!

right out of the trailer flatbed :cheese:

have lots of stacked dry but also have fun doing it this way...

loon

DSC09928.jpg

loon said:

DSC_0123.jpg

Love the pics of your dogs . . . I swear it looks like you've trained them to do your wood processing work for you.

across the road dealing with the locust/maple that came down last summer in a good storm..

on third bucket full and probably another 8 or 9 to go.. got to have hands back when splitting the locust as it sure is a strong wood and snaps when split :bug: :cheese:

loon

DSC09958.jpg

[quote author="loon" date="1302384879"]across the road dealing with the locust/maple that came down last summer in a good storm..

on third bucket full and probably another 8 or 9 to go.. got to have hands back when splitting the locust as it sure is a strong wood and snaps when split :bug: :cheese:

loon

Loon, looks like it was a good time. I was in the woods all day today hauling out that quaking aspen for the shoulder season, started with a sweatshirt on this morning which lasted about 30 minutes then got down to the t-shirt.

Zap

same here zap,beauty day ;-)only problem i had dealing with the wood at the road was the neighbors stopping in for a drink every twenty minutes..

tanked loon :cheese:

loon said:
same here zap,beauty day ;-) only problem i had dealing with the wood at the road was the nieghbors stopping in for a drink every twenty minutes..

tanked loon :cheese:

I hope you had enough beer!

Zap

had to reload today zap :cheese:

so i ran into another neighbor yesterday and he asked if i could knock a bunch of locust down for him and 'yes' was the quick answer..

but except for the big limbs i was dealing with yesterday this kind of tree is a first for me. been reading up on it and they say its a good burning tree?
does anyone on the board know much about locust??

thanks eh!

Terry

DSC09972.jpg

jeeez! it was just up on the board? thanks flatbed :) guess i didnt read it cause like i said its a first for me ;-)

there are around 50 he wants taken away :cheese:

loon

[quote author="loon" date="1302474652"]had to reload today zap :cheese:

so i ran into another neighbor yesterday and he asked if i could knock a bunch of locust down for him and 'yes' was the quick answer..

but except for the big limbs i was dealing with yesterday this kind of tree is a first for me. been reading up on it and they say its a good burning tree?
does anyone on the board know much about locust??

thanks eh!

Terry

Loon, are you getting any of the wood?

Zap

everything i deal with now is mine as i just found out that my buddy Leo and his wife are done with wood heating zap. they are both 80ish and just cant deal with it anymore..

i still have full access to the 600acres, but like helping them out and still will with whatever needs to be done on their farm.

loon

loon said:
jeeez! it was just up on the board? thanks flatbed :) guess i didnt read it cause like i said its a first for me ;-)

there are around 50 he wants taken away :cheese:

loon
Wow, what I wouldn't give for 50 straight black locusts. That is a gold mine. Cut some black locust around here but rarely that straight and tall with no limbs. Great stuff, stinks when it burns though.

tfdchief said:
stinks when it burns though.

Stinks outside when it burns. ;-P

did a little today and thanks for the info guys. and sure didnt know it was that good of wood? heading over with the camera right now as there is an endless supply of it on the farm :cheese: the neighbors property butts up to it and while he has a couple hundred trees, there are a couple thousand over here ;-)

DSC09560.jpg

the stand of them are on around an acre and a 1/2 which i never even thought of dealing with? but this has changed for sure :cheese:

and will not take the dogs there again as they are full of burrs right now %-P

DSC09565-1.jpg

Loon, I know you can't tell much from pictures, especially color, so I am going to ask. Is the wood pale yellow? Something about those logs doesn't look right for Black locust.

looking Good! it looks like your dogs are having fun haha

Status
Not open for further replies.