Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, I'll say this bring on the cooler weather.

zap

poking away tonite as it was nice and windy ;-)

DSC09919.jpg

loon said:

I don't know if i'd trust my dog to back a trailer...you know with having to steer in the opposite direction and all.

Murphy backed the trailer right into the house then tried to run for it,
leaving Emma hung up in the back to take the blame :p

loon

loon said:

They look like they need a break from cutting and stacking ;-) still looking great.

gibir

They must love this cooler weather we have at night, we dropped down to 48 last night.

gibir

Murphy has been sick for the last couple days? but is fine now? we were gonna take him in to the vet, but as of right now, no need to ;-)

heading to the cottage tomorrow and will take the camera...

loon

loon said:
Murphy has been sick for the last couple days? but is fine now? we were gonna take him in to the vet, but as of right now, no need to ;-)

heading to the cottage tomorrow and will take the camera...

loon

Have fun at the cottage. Do you think it was the heat with Murphy?

gibir

not sure zap? he was a mess! so was his kennel which he has never done before...

got home today from work and he was his old self for sure ;-)

Your property looks like doggie paradise. Woods, a lake, plenty of room to run. Active pups are happy pups.

loon said:
guess they know where we are going.. :coolsmile:

Make sure you check the odometer!!! Look for cornstalks under the frame. Car wash doesn't get rid of them if you go muddin'. Ask me how I know.

lukem said:
loon said:

Make sure you check the odometer!!! Look for cornstalks under the frame. Car wash doesn't get rid of them if you go muddin'. Ask me how I know.

Heck Indiana is all Corn.... lol

loon said:

Ok Loon, they can run a saw,stack wood,drive the four wheeler but can they fish!

gibir

smokinjay said:
lukem said:
loon said:

Yep. And I got busted once upon a time because of the corn.

zapny said:
loon said:

Ok Loon, they can run a saw,stack wood,drive the four wheeler but can they fish!

gibir

I think the better question is, "can they clean the fish loon catches"?

lukem said:
smokinjay said:
lukem said:
loon said:

Yep. And I got busted once upon a time because of the corn.

Finding your way out can be quit tricky!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

they tried to go for a fish zap but the trolling motor kicked the bucket ;-)

DSC00071.jpg

had some company today and thought it was just the doe? but when i pulled them up on the pute you can see she had a little one with her :)

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

Looks like a great place Loon, nice pictures.

zap

thanks eh ;-) we all had a good time for sure..

got the dock rebuilt and the Loons were putting on a show all weekend :)

DSC09935-1.jpg

DSC09946.jpg

loon

We see the Loons in the spring and again in the fall. Just so many boats and sea - doos on a small body of water, when everyone heads home and the river slows down then they return.

zap

had a very good friend of mine and maybe yours? diagnosed with Diabetes today and not alot of fun for sure..

i know Murphy will be ripping into some Elm in a couple months though..so will post the pics ;-)

loon

DSC09700-1.jpg

Loon,
Had a Lab that developed that at age 8. She had been having issues for many months before the diagnosis. She lived a fine 5 years following that diagnosis to age 13. Diabetes, I feel, had taken most of her sight by the end, and caused failures internally. I suspect kidney failure. Beyond the end, the day to day is not bad to deal with. Assuming you will be administering intravenous insulin, I can offer some tips. We kept the syringe in the fridge with the insulin. This allowed for longer use. Cleaned with rubbing alcohol between uses, it would last 5 - 7 days. It would dull and cause her to flinch at the time of insertion. This is an expensive undertaking, and saving dollars by multiple uses of the syringe helped. We were using human insulin, which was the best option then. I believe there are better options now. I always injected her on top of the neck. Grabbed a hold of some skin with the left hand and kind of used a petting motion that would both distract her and relax the skin. Quick insertion is best. Most times she never knew the needle was inserted. The cold insulin was the thing she felt most, in my opinion. The toughest part is gauging the levels. Strips to test urine were the method, and again, that was not cheap. Once you get a grip on levels, your job will get easier. Make sure she eats after shots. Very important! Lack of food will cause seizures. She looks like a sweetheart and your lucky to have each other. Good luck with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.