Today's bounty...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSYS

Sep 26, 2013
WISCONSIN
www.facebook.com
A co-worker of mine has approx. 4 acres of land. Their land was hit with a tornado two years ago... and they're still cleaning up. Trees have been down for at least that long. I rented a 16' Budget rental truck and headed out to their land early this morning. So the truck is 16' long. The box is 6' wide. I don't know what the weight limit is on a truck of this size, but the rear tires were starting to tuck in the fender wells and the mud flaps were draggin' on the ground. Needless, I am beat!

All of the trees were already cut down. I cut as much as I could into fire-burning 16"-17" lengths and loaded the truck with as much wood as I could. I got a nice mixture of hickory, maple, oak, some enormous cottonwood, some big pine and some other stuff I cannot I.D. I'm still a newbie when it comes to ID'ing.

Not sure what I got total volume-wise, but I started stacking the smaller stuff into the wood shed we built a few weeks ago. The bigger rounds (some in excess of 25" in diameter) are just lying aimlessly in the back yards. Looks like I've got some splitting to do. My wife came along this morning and helped me all day long. Couldn't have done it without her help!

DSCF6512_zps1e6b9561.jpg

865f3ef6-77c9-4ed3-b653-9454c338b58a_zps7c5f2050.jpg

Reactions: privatejoker75
My guess is that is about equal to 300+ gallons of oil. :)

Reactions: PSYS
Status
Not open for further replies.