Today's haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Stick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 26, 2011
Capital Region, NY
2 Black Walnuts and s so far unidentified tree. My FIL hooked me up with this. Took 3 full loads home. Took everything 2 inches and better.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 160
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 178
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 234
Nice load. Looks like you also got some elm. Love that walnut.

Elm? Really? I split one just to check it out and it split very easily..popped right apart. I thought elm was supposed to be tough. Only elm I ever split was slippery elm and it was stringy as heck...used a splitter for it.

Then perhaps I stand corrected. Not surprising. Giving ID from pictures is crappy at best, at least for me. Still looks like elm.

Reactions: Gasifier
Good work Boom. You guys are making me jealous. That's it. I am going out as soon as humanly possible.

I'm not saying it isnt elm. I just heard nightmare stories about splitting it,

Those nightmare stories about splitting it are correct. At least the Elm I have had the "pleasure" of splitting. Next time I get some I will gladly take it and stack it as rounds until I have a splitter going. Then show it who is boss. :p

Good truckload. Looks like a nightmare on elm street. Lol:) I cannot id it, but nice truck load!

Nice truck load of wood, any free wine?

Reactions: Thistle
Bummer, I thought you were going to hold up another steelhead! Anyways, nice wood there on elmstreet!

Always get free wine. I actually turned some down today because we were cutting. After that mishap I wasn't taking any chances! Next steelhead trip is planned for dec 27-29......pics to follow!

Nice loads
Got it split & stacked yet ?
Gotta get the work done before fishing :) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.