Todays haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
Taking advantage of the breese and 45° weather.

Attachments

• IMAG0326.jpg
    IMAG0326.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 276
You must be southern. Peoria got snow today and barely topped 30°...

You must be southern. Peoria got snow today and barely topped 30°...
Yeah were about 45 minutes south of Springfield. Not TOO far from Peroria. When I left for work this morning it was snowing it's @$$ off and 29 degrees. I work in STL (another hour and fifteen away south and east) and by the time I hit Chain of Rocks it was 36 degrees and rain.

Is that a large red oak that fell? I find those quite often at the campground I manage. Good hard wood.

Is that a large red oak that fell? I find those quite often at the campground I manage. Good hard wood.
There's about four trees that this big one took down. That's about 1/3 of the scene. I've got 2 hay wagons full of wood out of this big tree which I'm 98% sure is a hard maple. Under all of these trees was a nice black locust too.

How many acres you live on?

Hope this one doesnt pop. Might stick me with a 250

I think the 290 is being replaced by the Wood Boss. Everything is going up one number. Like 270 is now 271. It has to do with environmental stuff.

I jus bought a 290 with an 18" er...ive never run a saw that powerful..i love mine..what happened to yours luke?...i think the district manager could have rounded you up a 290 from another location...my dealer had a few left when i bought mine...

I jus bought a 290 with an 18" er...ive never run a saw that powerful..i love mine..what happened to yours luke?...i think the district manager could have rounded you up a 290 from another location...my dealer had a few left when i bought mine...
I was burning through some maple...and it just fell on it's face and quit. Took it to the farm store I bought it from and they changed some chit but couldn't get it to idle. They shipped it to their warranty shop. They called a week later and said the mech diagnosis was complete engine failure that was NOT my fault and it was in manufacturing. The farm store originally tried to make it sound like I did something wrong.

Then they sent the 271 and said it's an upgrade. I will say the 271 RIPS through wood and can noodle way better than 290. And it does use less fuel. The ant-vibration is nice too. I just don't like the 16" bar amd it's a little smaller which in my eyes means weaker. I know, that's stupid. I will say that 271 rips. Well have to see if I like it more.

I almost just asked to get the 311 and I'll pay the difference.

The 271 is almost $100 bucks more than 290. Idk why.

I looked around online at some comparisons. It looks like the new MS291 is at least $100 more than the 290 was and that's a discount, I think.... So that explains why they gave you the MS 271 as a warranty replacement. I read some good things about the new saws but they could have upped your bar and chain to a 18" just to make it a more equitable trade.

Reactions: Kool_hand_Looke
That's what was said earlier in the thread but we were thinking it was odd to replace a 290 with a 271. It sounds like KHL likes the new saw though.

That's what was said earlier in the thread but we were thinking it was odd to replace a 290 with a 271. It sounds like KHL likes the new saw though.
Just unhappy about the bar. That's all. I have 3 loops for the 18".

Status
Not open for further replies.