Today's lunch time fun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bayshorecs

Sep 28, 2008
Central Illinois
Found this just laying next to the road today. Its about 1/3-1/2 cord of honey locust.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 616
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 642
great lunch

Awesome, I have to play devil's advocate here. How do you know it's free for the taking? I've seen many on this forum get pretty adamant about taking wood without asking. Are you risking being shot? :)

jdinspector said:
Awesome, I have to play devil's advocate here. How do you know it's free for the taking? I've seen many on this forum get pretty adamant about taking wood without asking. Are you risking being shot? :)

I am very sneaky... ;)

Line crews were clearing some trees in the neighborhood. I drove back by a couple hours later and they were grinding the stump (they were grinding a different stump a block over when I grab this wood). No doubt the rest of the tree was already hauled to town burn pile. There was only this amount left in 8-10' sections.

Plus, the house didn't have a chimney and the tree was on city property at the curb.

You get one big storm 3 months ago and the town is still cleaning up.

Sweet! Are you sure it was there for the taking?

It might just be the picture, but it looks like there might even be a little more than 1/2 cord there.

I am certain it was there to disappear by someone or be tossed in the next passing removal truck. One of the teams clearing the trees (a guy I know) drove by and waved so it was all good.

It filled the back of a standard F150 bed with a little heap in the middle (not much though and the spare tire was back there). Not being split...1/2 sounds like it would be the most.

Nice thing is I have 6 more cords of this stuff from my tree and the neighbor's tree which came down in June. Cut, split, and drying for next year.

"HEY THATS MY WOOD" GOSH DARN IT!................... DARN WOOD PIRATES!

The roads of America are worse than the Samali coast!

bayshorecs said:
There was only this amount left in 8-10' sections.

loading 10' sections of locust must have given you an appetite...nice score

Did that wood come with Fries?!?

That's what I call a profitable lunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.