Todays piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
Wow am I exhausted! What a day! The other thread I had going fried my brain!! https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/82960/
I was getting all kinds of info at what seems to be to late and I was freaking out for a while.

I calmed down and like I said before its all good. It's not like my wife or kids are on the operating table and the surgeon doesn't know which heart valve to use or how big the supply vein should be or ..... you get it right?!

Its only piping, money and time. Big deal.

People spend $100,000 on college to learn stuff that they may barely use.

If I spend a 15% of that learning this stuff I'm still ahead of the game and I get to use it all the time.

So here's what my installer did by himself while he ran to supply house twice and I ran myself crazy on the other thread.

1008287o.jpg

Getting there ay Mike? You keeping the oil burner/furnace or jumping in with both feet?

jatoxico said:
Getting there ay Mike? You keeping the oil burner/furnace or jumping in with both feet?

Are you kidding me. That old FORD? boiler. Didn't even know they existed. Mike told me that thing is his baby. Next summer when he doesn't need it to produce heat he is shipping it out to those Amercican Restoration guys on that TV show! I say do it up Mike. That thing is awesome. Do you think the wife would mind if you threw 5 or 6 thousand into it after the expense of the Wood Gun system? Cmon, you will only need to spend about 2 thousand more to get that system finally done. :lol: Don't worry Mike, I have over 12 in mine. And like you said, we can make more money. Hated to have to pay someone to install it for me. But loved it when they were done and all I had to do was fire it up. How old is that FORD!

Gasifier said:
jatoxico said:

Are you kidding me. That old FORD? boiler. Didn't even know they existed. Mike told me that thing is his baby. Next summer when he doesn't need it to produce heat he is shipping it out to those Amercican Restoration guys on that TV show! I say do it up Mike. That thing is awesome. Do you think the wife would mind if you threw 5 or 6 thousand into it after the expense of the Wood Gun system? Cmon, you will only need to spend about 2 thousand more to get that system finally done. :lol: Don't worry Mike, I have over 12 in mine. And like you said, we can make more money. Hated to have to pay someone to install it for me. But loved it when they were done and all I had to do was fire it up. How old is that FORD!

Oh yeah baby! A nice coat of metallic blue that thing will sweet!

Gasifier, you had me rollin on the floor that was great.

I needed to laugh after the way I felt today.

I want to share a few things my guy told me about the system, but I'm a little gun shy.

But I will say that I told my guy that I WANT the Danfoss and I spoke to the Danfoss rep (thanks goosegunner) and they sell them locally and will get it tomorrow.
And he said no problem I'll install it.

I did say to him that I am not questioning his knowledge because I think he is wrong but I am questioning his knowledge so I can increase mine. He had no response

As far as the piping from the WG to the OB being 1" he said it will be fine and he did all the calcs and everything will work out fine.

I guess time will tell.

Gasifier said:
jatoxico said:

I was neither kidding nor talking to you.

jatoxico said:
Gasifier said:
jatoxico said:

I was neither kidding nor talking to you.

Just messing with Mike man. He has not answered you yet so I will let you know from following many post he has made he is keeping the oil burner/furnace. Throughout his threads, like this one, he has been talking about piping the two of them together. Have a good one.

Ok boys lets play nice in the sand box! :)
I don't want a thread like the other one that is out there! ;-)

For now I'm keeping the oil burner :ahhh:
Hopefully it will never have to run again :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.