Today's project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madtrapper

Aug 7, 2012
Mt. Pleasant Mi
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354547384.101196.jpg
Dropping this nice oak today

Reactions: smokinj and milleo
Be safe. Remember that you are dealing with tons of potential energy that is probably not all that happy about being cut down.;)

Reactions: milleo
Your tree looks almost as nice standing as it does laying down.

Nice work! Lots if warmth laying there.

Nice drop madtrapper, what type of Oak was it?

Looks like a red from here, I though I felt the ground shake this morning!

Reactions: PapaDave
good job, it is nice when you do not have anything in the way like that

That is no type of red oak I have ever seen for sure. It looks a lot more like white oak than red, but that green back is strange looking to me. We don't ever see that around here.

Our red oaks here have the same greenish growth on them.

White oak here is the rounds ready for splitting
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354561919.329770.jpg
The little stuff
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354561965.664728.jpg
Counted 84 rings on the tree it won't be sucking any more moisture out of our fields now. It's amazing how far our from oak that the crops don't grow.

Great pictures
As fast as you are at felling , liming, bucking & clearing the brush,
got it split & stacked yet ? LOL :)

Good job. Some serious heat in a couple years ;)

Reactions: PapaDave
No it's a little wet to get splitter back there hopefully it gets cold enough this week to harden the ground up. Plus now that deer season is over the beagles needed some running

That sure looks good the way you have it cut and all cleaned up. Pictures look great. I even like the looks of your worked up field.

Trapper, that looks like a nice tree to make into firewood. For sure you had no problem telling where it would fall because it was on the edge. It will make some really good firewood too.

As for the ground getting hard, I think that will be into next week rather than this week. It will turn colder starting tomorrow but doesn't sound like it will be cold enough for frost as daytime temperatures still well above freezing. Hope it does freeze up soon though.

Wow...Waste no time eh?
Nice score on the White Oak!

fr#%in' love white oak.
i spend as much time smelling it as splitting it.

Reactions: oppirs
Love it, you did such a nice job so fast. Great score!

Status
Not open for further replies.