Today's scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2broke2ride

Burning Hunk
Dec 23, 2014
Townsend MA
9457afa769aa153088e11e3bd527b6de.jpg
fbf28260de5178f78f611abcb2005503.jpg
Mostly sugar maple with a bit of white oak mixed in, town was doing some roadside cutting, there is probably another truck load I'm gonna try to get tomorrow. The poor old dodge was laid right out on the bumpstops. The ride home was kind of hairy, good thing it was only a couple of miles.

Nice stuff. I need a pickup so I can go scrounging. Not sure I'd like to ride so low though!

I hear ya, this is an old truck, built when a half ton really was only a half ton. I used to have a 98 F150 that had heavy duty rear springs and I could put 2k plus in the bed and it would just level it.

It is a nice day when I can load my truck to the max with free wood!

I totally understand that feeling of satisfaction!

Nicely done :)

Man that is a beautiful Fall scene right there, and a great scrounge, but my back hurts just looking at the size of those rounds!

Can't beat that! You could try beating it with a stick, but you'd just break the stick...

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Ok, got this load today from the same place, I was in a hurry so I threw it on without cutting it to length, it was all small enough to handle anyway. Gonna try for one more load next weekend.3e09728390163e9509641ca91065b495.jpg31eee61bb3dd0eccbc9a9001166f87f0.jpg

Good looking load of logs. I just can't handle those big ones anymore. I'll do OK to get them up onto the tailgate but stacking them like that kills me these days. Great score!

Yeah, I guess I'm still young and stupid lol...... Although my body is feeling it tonight. One of those logs on the bottom not shown in the pic was about 10 ft long and 8 inch diameter. I had to get one end on the tailgate then have my wife back the truck under it [emoji15]

Man lookin great! Be careful not to take out the back window!

Jeez...that buggy needs a few more leaves in those spring packs haha. That's a good score.

Something is going to break on that poor truck.. Hopefully it's just a leaf spring when it happens. Nice score though.

Great score.....question...in the first pic, you have these rather large rounds....you didn't load those on your own, did ya ??.....gotta watch that back, bud

Great score.....question...in the first pic, you have these rather large rounds....you didn't load those on your own, did ya ??.....gotta watch that back, bud
Like those times when folks are able to lift cars off people in emergencies, wood scores give you superhuman strength.

Ya, I lifted them up there. I don't really have anyone to help me so I do what I can......... If they where any bigger I would have had to split them on sight.

Perhaps you could get (or build) yourself some ramps to take the load off your back? Those are some big ol' rounds.

Perhaps you could get (or build) yourself some ramps to take the load off your back? Those are some big ol' rounds.

I was thinking the tailgate is so low he could just lean one end on the gate and flip it up and in.

What engine do you have in that dodge? I like how it sits so low. At my office everyone likes to jack their truck up. My back hurts just looking at them, but they don't use them for work so they don't care.

Reactions: Omaha419
What engine do you have in that dodge? I like how it sits so low. At my office everyone likes to jack their truck up. My back hurts just looking at them, but they don't use them for work so they don't care.
It's a 225 slant six, automatic trans....... It really only sits so low in the pic because it's so loaded lol but yeah it's 2wd so it sits lower than most newer 4x4s. I like it, I just need to beef up the rear springs some, trying to figure out how to do it cheap, I only have about $1000 wrapped up in the truck as it sits.

No kidding, a slant six? I haven't heard of one of those on the roads in forever. I bet she loves to work. I bet she doesn't break any speed records either. Awesome truck man.

It's a 225 slant six, automatic trans....... It really only sits so low in the pic because it's so loaded lol but yeah it's 2wd so it sits lower than most newer 4x4s. I like it, I just need to beef up the rear springs some, trying to figure out how to do it cheap, I only have about $1000 wrapped up in the truck as it sits.

Inflatable air shocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.