today's scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onetracker

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2011
rondout valley ny
august 2012 logging yard 054.JPGaugust 2012 logging yard 055.JPGaugust 2012 logging yard 062.JPG august 2012 logging yard 052.JPG

still playing around with the best ways to upload photos....

not only is my wife tolerant of my wood gathering disorder, she actually helped me hoist some monster rounds of green sugar maple and red oak today over at the loggin yard. her help saves me so much time and effort. when i'm alone i have to noodle and split everything i can't lift. when she's there we set up a cookie about 8-10" thick on the ground, tip the round onto it and hoist it the remaining few inches onto the tailgate. simple, fast and safe. i guess i could use my truck ramps to roll the big rounds into the bed, but i don't have the patience for that.

the 362 is really starting to break in nicely. i hand-sharpened the chain before heading out and it cut fast and razor straight.

home afterwards for homemade thai chicken, fresh picked chanterelles and mounds of fresh garden greens.

life is good.

OT

Nice score. Saw some chantrelles today but they were all beat up from other hikers.

I used to do service calls at Roundout Valley school....very nice area. Great score!

Great wood score & the meal you had afterwards sounds wonderful too.

and here's where the rounds end up. we've got plenty of room to store rounds but not alot of space to store split/stacked wood. so this pile will get split (hopefully) as soon as the weather cools off and sit there till next spring when i'll get it stacked up near the house. my son working hard (ha) and listening to itunes.

also: threw in a photo of the view from my office from last winter.

cheers

OT

Attachments

• loading area august 2012 003.JPG
    loading area august 2012 003.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 164
  • stacking.jpg
    stacking.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 168
  • splitter.jpg
    splitter.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 163
  • my office resized.JPG
    my office resized.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 172
looks like some great oak rounds there. And a killer view of that snowscape

Having a nice looking woman like that with you makes anything better!!

Everything about the wood score is great
Awesome Family & Awesome Wood score
Nice truck, splitter , saw, shed & stacks too ;)

Great way to spend a day. Good that the wife gets out to help. I really love it when my wife helps. It used to be our 2 sons helped too and with 4 people one can cut a lot of wood in a short time.

Looks like a great firewood score OT.
A wife who gets it is priceless. One that helps out too? Beyond compare.

thanks gents -

we'll keep scrounging till hunting season...then resume until the snow flies.

be safe out there

OT

Status
Not open for further replies.