Today's split session

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogKid

Burning Hunk
Oct 22, 2012
CT
On Thanksgiving Day I bucked up some locust that came down last year during Sandy. Today I had the chance to get outside with the X27 and get it split. Good times.
ana7a3us.jpg

Sweet ! Nice set-up you have there.

I have a nice splitter but I still enjoy splitting Locust by hand with the Fiskars.
Looks great sitting up high there. Ever hit that tire?

Ever hit that tire?

Ummm, I'm sure I have. I've split about 5+ cord with the help of that tire so surely it's been whacked a time or two. Must be a non-event cause I can't recall anytime specific.

good job....great day for working outside.

looks great! I really need to get setup with a tire on the stump. Even though I have a hydraulic splitter, I still split a cord or so by hand every year. I bet it would save a lot of bending over.

nice job, kid. bet you'll sleep great tonight.

Nice! I see that locust bark all over. I've got two big piles going of that stuff myself. Hopefully I'll burn up a bunch tomorrow while doing some splitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.