Today's workout: 6 hours of splitting/stacking :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewiston

Burning Hunk
Jun 17, 2012
South Central, WI
We had such a beautiful day today that I played hooky and split wood - one of the perks of being the boss. Six hours later the trailer was almost full and it was time to get it stacked. Currently working on wood for 2014-2015. The closer stack is dedicated to White Oak and Locust. Heading out to dinner. All in all, a great day.

IMG_1281.jpgIMG_1280.jpgIMG_1283.jpg

You may ask why did it take six hours to split only a trailer's worth? Well the pic below provides the answer. A buddy of mine is a master tree arbor and we have an agreement - I get half of everything I split. I'll take free wood over harvesting the lumber on our farm - prefer to save it in the event the cost of fuel oil increases limiting the availability of free wood. We do minimal harvesting to keep our woods healthy.

IMG_1277.jpg

Looks great Lewiston, I am envious of all the space you have! Those stacks look set up perfectly to dry great. Nothing feels better than getting a ton of work accomplished like you did, then going out and enjoying a nice dinner.

You're doing it right!

Man that is sweet. Look at those stacks...just sittin out there in the wide open getting sun and wind all day. Perfect, simply perfect!

Sounds like you had a good day of it. It will be awhile here before I'm working on firewood again but still enjoy seeing a good load of splits to get my fix.

Great looking stacks - I agree on your strategy - The only live trees I want to cut this winter are in bad spots or damaged.

Didn't wonder why it ONLY took you 6 hours to slit & stack a big trailer load. That's a good days work for one man & 2 boys!

Earned your diner today ;)

Good job, Nice stacks. Great pictures.

PS: Awesome splitter

'unlimited access to'

gotta love that

That is a workout. Good way to spend a day off.

Thanks everyone. With the warmer weather I try to get out at least every other day between 5-6am and cut, split, or stack for a couple of hours. Beats going to a gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.