Tomorrow I cut the roof for my new INSTALL!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc_Dad

May 10, 2009
Maine
Over the last couple of days I've been running the chimney up through the middle of my house. The local Stove shop and the Metalbestos (Selkirk) Company have been great to deal with. I have called them several times. So far it's been a fun project and not too difficult. I called the local granite shop and they will sell me a granite mantle and 3 pieces of granite for my surround for $313. I thought this was a very good deal. It seems like I'm getting good deals but the cost keeps going up.

Congratulations on the progress. Hope you are taking lots of pictures.

Check your list twice before you begin. It always seems you are missing that certain item at 5:00 pm on Saturday night when everything is closed.

Tom, You are so right. I would have cut the roof this morning and likely be sitting in front of a nice fire right now, but I didn't have the 2nd interior resupport. Oh and the 10 inches of wet snow wouldn't have helped either.

Be safe up there. No beer until the ladders are put away. :)

Mad Tom said:
Check your list twice before you begin. It always seems you are missing that certain item at 5:00 pm on Saturday night when everything is closed.
almost impossible you'll always need something. sucks but the way it goes.

ecocavalier02 said:
Mad Tom said:
almost impossible you'll always need something. sucks but the way it goes.

True. It always seems to work out that way. I have a tendency to overbuy stuff, things I think I may need. I can always return the items. Have a long drive to reach any store that has a decent supply of materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.