Tomorrows Energy Pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
I was over a friends today tinkering with his Englander(Thanks Gio for the tips worked awesome!). He had a brand of pellets I have never seen before. Tomorrows Energy brand. So he tossed me 2 bags to add to my pellet pile. That and a few brews for the stove assistance. He hasn't tried them yet so no info on them.

Anybody body else seem them before? Got any reviews?

There a hard/softwood blend. No PFI rating. See attached photo.

jay

Attachments

• T energy a.jpg
    T energy a.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 974
On the bag, at the bottom, it gives a website. It takes you to the Piney Woods pellet company. I could be wrong, but as I remember from a while back, these did not get good reviews....

www.pwpellets.com

I guess I need to do a search for piney wood pellets then. I did search for this brand and got noda.

Looks like we need to change our bag to sell these junk pellet "trick". Good thing i got them for free and my bud only picked 10 bags.

Any way here is a link to there lab results.

http://www.pwpellets.com/twinPortsLabs.pdf

I guess I won't bother adding to my test pile. I will save them for spring shoulder weather.

Thanks for the tip macman!
jay

I bought like 6 bags of these to try out , in 8 hours my glass was all black and @ setting 3 on my Breckwell Big E I was getting about 190 degs., with Spuce Pointe pellets on setting 3, I am getting around 250 Degs.
So I would agree these are not very good pellets.

jtakeman said:
I was over a friends today tinkering with his Englander(Thanks Gio for the tips worked awesome!). He had a brand of pellets I have never seen before. Tomorrows Energy brand. So he tossed me 2 bags to add to my pellet pile. That and a few brews for the stove assistance. He hasn't tried them yet so no info on them.

Anybody body else seem them before? Got any reviews?

There a hard/softwood blend. No PFI rating. See attached photo.

jay
jay, i was at my local HD today and they just got a shipment of these in, along with their signature name piney woods (hardwood i think), tomorrows energy is a blend

jtakeman said:
hemi,

Did you purchase any? I suppose I should throw them in the stove and give them a try.

jay
nah.....i might grab a bag next trip over there though

Well, I tossed them in and was a little surprised at the temp average I got from them. 235ºF. They seem to burn pretty good. I will have to bite my tongue until I see the ash volume and weight. I will keep you posted.

I will do a mini test I guess.
jay

Jay,
I saw them at the HD in Fishkill last week. Didn't buy any cause I didn't have any room in the car. But did find some Marths and I like em! Think I may buy a ton at $249.

Schoondog

schoondog said:
......But did find some Marths and I like em! Think I may buy a ton at $249.

Schoondog

Schoon, based on what I saw burning a few bags last month, and also looking at Jay's testing results, I'd say that the Marth are the "sleeper" pellets this year.....I liked them A LOT!! Good heat, low ash, low fines, great fresh oak smell.....if I was in the market for pellets, and could find them by the ton, I'd buy 'em.

Well looks like my testing days are over for a bit. Came home to a cold house. I was using Auto/Off for the tests and the ignitor quit on me. Had to go to High/Low and start it with a torch. Guess I over worked the ignitor with all my testing or bragging about the Omega. Covered under warranty So now I wait for the new replacement. So I am just going to fill the hopper and keep it going until the replacement arrives. So no ash volume or weight for this pellet. I can retest later.

Looks to have more ash than I would say is normal(about like the michigans). I also found several long pellets over 1 1/2 inches long. Fines were low I only got about a 1/4 cup from both bags. I would burn them again but I don't recommend anyone with a stove that doesn't tolerate ash well.

cheers
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.