Tonights woodstove pizza and a tired dog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxed_out

Jan 19, 2010
Central Pa

Attachments

• pizza2 04082010.jpg
    pizza2 04082010.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 902
  • pizza 04082010.jpg
    pizza 04082010.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 879
  • dog safelty.jpg
    dog safelty.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 926
Man I wish I lived by you, I would so crash that pizza party as awesome as those pies look!!!

The motion has already passed for there to be a meet at max's.

pen

That's it.. I have to do a pizza now. Great looking pies.

Cool dog too.. kind of looks like Chewbacca in the cockpit.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 851
Our policy is the door is always open. Just drop a line. You never know where these aqquantances+friendships can lead or what we may need or where the road will lead. I've developed 3 new businesses (all unrealted) through this sort of thing. You find people that want to work as opposed to those that have to.

Great looking pizza....dog too. :lol:
How in the world are you getting the edge to rise like that. Mine still aren't thick enough (don't like thin crust) and it's driving me crazy.
I've only made about 3-4, and in the regular oven not the wood stove.

You mentioned in the other thread you were using pizza dough from your pizza store. Are you still using that dough?

He's a cool dog and has a nice personality to match.

On the dough, yes, we are using stuff from my local pizza shop. They will sell the dough by itself and its very inexpensive for the work. We tried our own but no go. I think the crust is the one of the best parts too. My guess is the edge rise its a combo of shaping, good dough and the pizza stone. When I shape the pie I leave the edges a little thicker to hold everything in. We have learned to control the "smokiness", dry wood less of that taste, small wet splits like cherry and apple, a little more. As a side note, you have to be in coals (no flames) for this to work in the stove.

The whole neighborhood is now addicted to this pizza on friday nights. I dont know what I'm gonna do when its too warm out to light the stove. Maybe I'll have to build an outdoor oven? Or get another isle royale for the patio?

I see Max you are in central Pa....not too too far away.....me and pen will be up on Friday.....will bring the booze....that pizza looks great and I love that dog......not a dog person but love him...so cute Crap...gonna be too warm....so what.....will make it a Bikini Beach partay.....pen will wear his bloomer bathing suit...actually pen sports the Speedo come to think of it

omg :gulp:

If I bring the speedo you all need to start drinking early.

pen

maxed_out said:
He's a cool dog and has a nice personality to match.

The whole neighborhood is now addicted to this pizza on friday nights. I dont know what I'm gonna do when its too warm out to light the stove. Maybe I'll have to build an outdoor oven? Or get another isle royale for the patio?

Check out this site:

traditionaloven.com

Gotta go and figure out how to upload smellivision on my computer.

fishingpol, thanks for the link, thats a great website. Some of those ovens are pretty amazing.

I've modified a Weber grill cover so I can cook pizza over charcoal. Nice hot heat, rotate the pizza every 2 minutes or so, and it is done under 10 minutes.

I don't know why traditionaloven.com did not hyperlink.

Yummy Yummy! :cheese:

max, you've done well. That pizza looks perfect. Nice job! My wife took a peek and agreed. We will be trying again next fall, but for now, it will be cooking in the convection oven.

Max that pizza looks delicious!! The dog pic is hilarious!!! Do you really put the pup in a seat belt? Too funny!!!

:)

Ray

Great looking pizza.

Cute (and hilarious) pic of the dog.

I can almost smell that pizza, I'm sitting here drooling all over my keyboard ;-)

In fact, I've gone one further and tried my own pizza tonight!!!!!!!

I've done bread before, but this is my first attempt at pizzas :

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

Looks mighty tasty Woodchip....I would say that me and pen would be over...but since you are not located in our state of Pa. or this country....well we may have to check our frequent flyer miles first....we'll get back to ya....enjoy that pizza...can smell it from here...

Looks yummy Chippy!

Ray

yooperdave said:
nice pizza woodchip...but where is the meat??

Next time it'll be ham and pineapple rather than just cheese and tomato.......

My thought was start simple and get more adventurous as I build up experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.