Tonight's workout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
20140424_191151.jpg 20140424_191157.jpg Got a good load tonight! A lot of dead barkless elm. Love to burn that stuff!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Love the wood that's lost it's bark prior to stacking. Saves a ton of mess later. Looks great!

All the elm up in the yoop looks like that too, I've been hitting up the farmers around me all the fence lines have nice big dead elms,
just have to get at it soon.

Agreed, love to get wood that is solid through and through but has lost its bark. I think it is drier when you pick it up and dries faster for burning. Nice haul.

Love the wood that's lost it's bark prior to stacking. Saves a ton of mess later. Looks great!

For the most part I don't cut and split on the same day too often. So I strip bark off my rounds when I can. It is much cleaner in the long run. It actually comes off easy a good deal of the time and bark (esp locust) burns good in the chiminea.

Status
Not open for further replies.