Tons of Free Wood....Now How Do I Get It HOME???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenster said:
Around here I can get a new 16 foot tandem axle (3500 lbs each) for about $850.

Holy Crap, that can't be right...you're missing the "2" at the beginning of that number, which would still bea good deal. At that price it would be economically wise for me to drive my 12 mpg pickup down to Texas to buy a trailer and haul it home. If I were to buy a few I could stack them and sell one or two for an easy $1000 profit on each one.

Seriously, where can you get a new 7k gvwr tandem axle 16' trailer for $850? Because I might buy one.

$850 will get you a 6x10 single axle trailer without brakes, possibly homemade...definitely not new. And thats pushing it.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/vehicl...se-dovetail-trailer-5-150-lb-capacity-1091119

This is what we get here...you can probably get something very similar for $500 less, but you'll have to hunt it down.

Sounds like a plan. I try and get wood everytime I am at the farm (except hunting season - usually) that way in my mind most of the fuel cost is out of the picture. If I made a trip just for wood the fuel cost alone would be about the same as I could purchase it for delivered.

SolarAndWood said:
Peter SWNH said:
I certainly got a lot more value from that trailer than the paltry $200/yr it cost me.

That's the way I look at it. I paid $1100 for my little dump used 5 years ago. It has paid for itself many times over and is worth just as much now as when I bought it.
i just picked up a 6x10 dual axle dump for 2100 bucks. hope it serves me as well as yours has urs.

Status
Not open for further replies.