Took a loan out for $ 4000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another ton of pellets, price jumped to $219 a ton still better then Lowes...$249.00. The guy didn't have his stoves out yet but he let me go and the back and snoop. Also got a call back from a dealer of Depleted only 2 hours away. Unfortunately he was a bit high on his price I thought. $3599 tax included. Here is some stoves the local guy carried. I liked the Enviro Maxx

The Maxx can be ducted also. Solid unit. If you were to look at them? I'd go with the Maxx M (multi fuel w/ agitator in the pot. This will lengthen cleaning times).

Reactions: herdfan2003
Got another ton of pellets, price jumped to $219 a ton still better then Lowes...$249.00. The guy didn't have his stoves out yet but he let me go and the back and snoop. Also got a call back from a dealer of Depleted only 2 hours away. Unfortunately he was a bit high on his price I thought. $3599 tax included. Here is some stoves the local guy carried. I liked the Enviro Maxx

I'm parcel to Enviro and like the Maxx, But would recommend you up that to the Maxx M multifuel for just a little more. Where the Maxx is a bit picky on what it eats. For the money that Eco 65 looks like a killer unit. Specially if your going with the basement install.

Are you handy with mechanical issue's?

I can fumble my way through some things...lol. Not sure if the Maxx they had was multi fuel, it was one they had obviously used some in the store and was priced at $2995. The Enviro M-55 FS Multi fuel was $3399. He seemed to be willing to work on prices.

I can fumble my way through some things...lol. Not sure if the Maxx they had was multi fuel, it was one they had obviously used some in the store and was priced at $2995. The Enviro M-55 FS Multi fuel was $3399. He seemed to be willing to work on prices.

If you can change parts, Thats a big plus! We can help debug if you go the Eco 65 route. Not sure what Drolet would do for parts, Maybe Fyrebug or DexterDay can help with some details?

Are you still doing the basement install or are you going to replace the P38?

Right now I've got it in my head to leave the P-38 right where it is..in the living room going up that useless fireplace they put in these doublewides:). I mentioned the insert from Harman but may end up in the same place, heat not getting to back rooms. I think my best bang for the buck would be the Eco 65 in the basement ducted as close as I can get to the back rooms. My doublewide is 26.5 by 76 so if I position it towards the middle of the basement I should be able to get close.

Right now I've got it in my head to leave the P-38 right where it is..in the living room going up that useless fireplace they put in these doublewides:). I mentioned the insert from Harman but may end up in the same place, heat not getting to back rooms. I think my best bang for the buck would be the Eco 65 in the basement ducted as close as I can get to the back rooms. My doublewide is 26.5 by 76 so if I position it towards the middle of the basement I should be able to get close.

I'm liking the Eco 65 myself, It would be in my basement if it was available when I was in the market.

Bought my stove over the net and I save a ton compared to the dealers in my area. Enviro canned the internet deals, So I don't see any deals like I found. Self installed it myself yadda yadda. Had an issue. Dealer worked with me and sent parts and I installed them myself. My ducted Omega heats my whole house from the basement. I have all the heat going upstairs. A floor vent in every room we wanted warm. The returning air goes through a louvered basement door that keeps the semifinished basement warm(72::F upstairs-66::F downstairs). Even the upstairs kitchen without a floor vent stays warm enough for us. On a cold cold day it may drop a few degrees. We counter with a roast in the oven or turn the ceiling fan on to draw some of the heat from the living room. Closest we have had to a furnace since we moved in. Whole house is comfy now and we got pretty darned spoiled and no more sitting near the stove to stay warm.

As long as you can tinker and parts aren't an issue. I don't see an issue. If it does go down, The P38 will keep the house from freezing until you can get the Eco back up. I would consider getting some of the vital parts and have them on hand with the extra money you save JIC.

Last edited:

I would put a P-61 in the upstairs where the P-38 is and put the P-38 in your mancave and forget about all that ductwork. If a P-61 can't fully heat a doublewide in West Virginia there is something wrong. I have a p-43 in a ranch style home in NH and it easily heats every room during the coldest period in winter.

Reactions: herdfan2003
I would put a P-61 in the upstairs where the P-38 is and put the P-38 in your mancave and forget about all that ductwork. If a P-61 can't fully heat a doublewide in West Virginia there is something wrong. I have a p-43 in a ranch style home in NH and it easily heats every room during the coldest period in winter.

Do you use fans to get to the back rooms? My house is open for the most part and the P-38 doesn't do bad, but I've tried fans and it helps but still have to use an electric heater. The 61 may do it, I know the 38 wasn't designed to heat the area I'm trying to heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.