Took a trophy from the creek

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundchasm

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2011
Dayton, OH
www.soundchasm.com
I'll work in our creek trying to keep a bend clear and slow erosion. I know it's a losing battle but it's harder to do nothing. As I was mucking about, I noticed a pretty big flagstone. As I pulled up on it, I sunk so far as to think I'll lose my boots. Waited for lower water and more ambition, and borrowed a come-along from a friend. I used a collapsible aluminum ladder as a ramp, and figured out how to jack this thing up about 7' to the bank. Had to strap it to the ladder to reset the come-along since it was kind of short. Very interesting stuff.

Just got it up to the house after waiting a few weeks for more ambition. I used my truck. I checked the weight and it's 140 lbs and maybe 30" tall. I need to make sure I know exactly where it's going before I try to budge it again. :eek::) I'll probably put it in upside down...

DSCN0323.JPG DSCN0321.JPG

That is a nice flat one. I'm just finishing up a drain pipe replacement and catch basin build in my yard and I've been dealing with huge rocks all summer. I never realized how many rocks I had until I started laying out a creek bed leading up to the drain. I find the best way to move them is end over end. Had a huge one today that about kicked my butt. Glad the hot temps are gone anyway.

Everything is easier at 70 degrees than 90, isn't it? This flat boy had a little more rock than roll in it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.