Took advantage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
Of the weather over the weekend. The ground was still frozen and the temps were up, so I hauled out six truck loads of maple that was split a month or so ago. Got it all stacked as well.

Attachments

• Took advantage
    IMG_0001.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 121
I was out splitting and stacking yesterday in T shirt!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I can't even find the couple piles of wood I need to process. The other day I wanted to try out my new x27 I haven't swung yet. Went out with the intentions of using the hookeroon to pull one of the big rounds out of the snow. I was burying that hookeroon in the snow all over looking for one of the many big rounds in the area. Couldn't pull one out.

Must be nice. I'm looking forward to a weekend like that. :)

We've got prob'ly 4 cord plus in rounds in the woods, been laying there since December. The ground is pigged up from weeks of rain and snow melt. I can get the tractor in but can't haul a load out. It's too muddy.

Good job!!
you make me feel even worse for not doing exactly that very thing. Ground frozen like cement, 40° temps and probably 2 cords of rounds sitting in the woods from December.
Looks like a sugar maple and the wood seems to have faired well.

Yesterday 55. Today snowing like crazy. 6-8 inches. This is like Denver here.

Status
Not open for further replies.