Took her to 750°

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Just got back from a business trip today and my wife was also gone for a few days on a work trip so the house was pretty cool and the stove was out so just for the fun of it I took the T6 up to 750° stove top on three splits. It was running 700-750° depending on where you measured it and the flue temps on the probe were hovering right below 600° with the primary air at just under a third of the way open. it ran like that for a good thirty minutes before I kicked the blower on and the stove top quickly dropped to about 550°. I figured what the heck might as well play with it since the house was about 55° and I was wanting some quick heat I guess I now know I can get my secondary combustion holes to shoot flames :lol:

Here is the link to the action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LYJL1ZMPE

Here are a few pics also

Attachments

• Hearth.jpg
    Hearth.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 601
About time you broke that stove in. :cheese: Mine hasn't been to 750 since, oh, yesterday.

nice pics looks like a really good burn going on.

That t6 wasn't even sweating!
Load that baby up and let her go!

BrotherBart said:
About time you broke that stove in. :cheese: Mine hasn't been to 750 since, oh, yesterday.

Lol, In all honesty I'm sure she has been there more than a few times when it got cold this winter but I usually have the blower on so my stove top just doesn't ever get to 750 on the thermometer.

iceman said:

I did as soon as I had a good hot coal bed. I packed it full and let it go it's a nice 74° in here and the temps outside are dropping like a rock. I'm just glad my plane flight back in beat the storm tonight.

Looks good Cert!

Ray

That sure is purty :)

You're having way too much fun! Good to hear you didn't get stuck in the storm and are cozy warm tonight.

certified106 said:
iceman said:

I did as soon as I had a good hot coal bed. I packed it full and let it go it's a nice 74° in here and the temps outside are dropping like a rock. I'm just glad my plane flight back in beat the storm tonight.

You should get 10-12 hrs easy let her rip And have some fun!

BrotherBart said:

Oh BB, you animal, you... :lol:

I haven't measured temps on the top plate of the Kent yet. The top grille makes it a pain to do so. I'll bet it's darn near impossible to run it under 750-800. Will try it this weekend.

Very nice! Good to know you got some serious heating muscle when you need it!

Bill

Nice light show.

Good stuff. Don't be shy. 700* is just another day for the Super 27.

iceman said:
certified106 said:
iceman said:

You should get 10-12 hrs easy let her rip And have some fun!

12 hours was easy, I burned down the rest of those three splits and loaded it up about 8pm living room was a nice toasty 74° degrees, with temps outside about 22° and 45 mph gust at 10pm and I went to bed. Got up at 5am and went downstairs it was 16° outside and the coldest room in the house was 70°. The stove was still 350 and had a ton of coal so many that I didn't even need to reload so i just threw a split in to burn them down a bit.

Did I mention how much I am in LOVE this stove!!! I never could have gotten a burn time like that with my other stove and kept the house temps up that much overnight! I don't even have to build the temp in the house back up in the morning and it's heating 2600 sq ft. :)

cert thanks for the cool pics and vid.

-- not a bid deal, but you may wish to turn the fan off now and then when the stove is hot. I think it helps reduce the buildup on the back upper corners of the the firebox, which I think is do the the fan keeping that portion of the firebox cooler... we pretty much have our fan on auto so it is on 24/7

BTW what's the background music at the beginning, sounded cool

Status
Not open for further replies.