Took the plunge, bought the last saw I need

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2009
Mid-Michigan
Went out and bought a MS361 with a case, extra chain and a set of files. I look forward to getting into some wood in the next few days.

Very nice saw indeed!

Nice choice, you won't be sorry.

It won't be the last...... I've been looking at new saws ever since I bought my first!

Very nice.
Which chain did you get? The carbide Picco Duro?
What size bar?

ikessky said:
It won't be the last...... I've been looking at new saws ever since I bought my first!

He said it was the last saw he "needs". He is probably right. He probably doesn't really "need" a more powerful light saw or a bigger saw. Of course he'll be eyeballing a 5100/346xp or 390xp/MS660 whenever the SO isn't looking. :)

Sorry, I've been working and don't have much time to post. I did I hope successfully add an image, the chain is a Oilomatic, Rapid Super, Chromized cutter teeth. I'm sure that a standard/low grade chain. 20 inch bar.

Attachments

• ms361.jpg
    ms361.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 637
+1 I thought the same thing 7 saws ago. Once you get the bug its hard to quit.

See, there are other things that can give you that kind of smile!

Jags said:
Welcome to the club. Your MS361 Super Decoder Ring will be in the mail shortly.

All I got was a cape!

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
Welcome to the club. Your MS361 Super Decoder Ring will be in the mail shortly.

All I got was a cape!

Sshhhhh man. We can't have too many people flying around - people will start to talk.

Today was the first day I could get into the woods after purchasing my MS361. All I can say is WOW, its like running a beaver on steroids. I was able to produce more than double my production over my Husqvarna. I took a couple cherries, couple oak tops, and a elm with 20" diameter. That saw went thru the elm great. I would encourage anyone wondering if they should buy a 361, buy it.

ikessky said:
What He said ! I was happy with My 044 ,but decided an xp 346 would be kinda nice . Then I saw this xp 372 that would be able to give the 044 a needed rest . Right now I'm looking at ms 460s and 660's .just because . I only cut firewood ! At first You really don't notice the disease . Then next thing You know You're hanging out on chainsaw forums .
Hi, My name is John and I'm a sawaholic !

Nixon said:
ikessky said:
What He said ! I was happy with My 044 ,but decided an xp 346 would be kinda nice . Then I saw this xp 372 that would be able to give the 044 a needed rest . Right now I'm looking at ms 460s and 660's .just because . I only cut firewood ! At first You really don't notice the disease . Then next thing You know You're hanging out on chainsaw forums .
Hi, My name is John and I'm a sawaholic !
John I am a Stihl sawaholic too
2-Ms180 ,024 ,026 ,MS260pro , MS360 , MS361 , MS460
Just sold my easystart MS250 and the 1958 bolens collects dust on the shelf .
Webie
The nice thing is if I gas them all up twice I am ussually done cutting wood for the year. Ha Ha

The 361 is an all time classic! It can do everything including curing cancer!

I've had my MS360 for over 7 years, zero problems, over a hundred cords on er'! Great saw. 20 inch bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.