Took the plunge on a new Alderlea T6 - I'm excited!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwscarab

Dec 5, 2007
SE Indiana
OK Guys,

I sold my DW2479 on Craigslist the other day and took the plunge on a new T6!! I ordered it from Tom at Chimney sweep online. I could have bought local but Tom's price and shipping was the same as what I could buy local. So now it gets shipped and no sales tax!! I can't wait!!!

Only problem is my leg surgery was today and I am down 3-4 months, but hopefully I can burn by Jan 1 and my stove will be waiting for me, instead of the opposite!

Congrats on a very nice stove purchase

I am loving mine. When you get it up and running small NS fires for shoulder seasons. That might be contrary to some thinking but if you make NS you can actually get a good deal of heat from just 2 7" splits and I find its easer to light 2 NS splits and let them burn. When it gets time to crank it up a bit then EW works well until you need that serious heat then back to full loads of NS. One thing to remember is it releases most of its heat vertically so do not expect the sides to get hot unless you have a full load on a bed of coals of course the front generates a good deal of heat. This is a special stove.

snowtime said:
I am loving mine. When you get it up and running small NS fires for shoulder seasons. That might be contrary to some thinking but if you make NS you can actually get a good deal of heat from just 2 7" splits and I find its easer to light 2 NS splits and let them burn. When it gets time to crank it up a bit then EW works well until you need that serious heat then back to full loads of NS. One thing to remember is it releases most of its heat vertically so do not expect the sides to get hot unless you have a full load on a bed of coals of course the front generates a good deal of heat. This is a special stove.

There is a T6 sitting at the stove/saw shop near me and I always go fiddle with it if I have to wait.

jwscarab that's a goods stove. Since it's a replacement and you're otherwise all hooked up I bet you could call a few chimney sweeps and find someone to install it. Best wishes on your recovery.

Did TOm give you a delivery date? Just wondered if there is a back log? NIce sstove congrats, lets see some pics when u get it!

J

Yea he is approx 3 weeks out on the order, plus delivery time to Indiana. Thats works just fine with me! I debated waiting till leg was better but was affraid of longer order time and higher prices this winter.

good call

One week wait for one in BC.

Congrats on the new stove. No sales tax? What about the $30 EPA tax Tom has on all his stoves? What's that all about?

Yea there is no sales tax cause I bought it out of stste over the internet. I didnt question the EPA tax, not sure if all dealers have that - just paid it and moved on. His deal seemed fair, and he was very informative on the phone.

I think you'll really enjoy the new stove. Good to hear that they are shipping in a reasonable time. Tom and crew are first rate folk, they'll treat you well.

Enjoy the new burner. Take some pictures if you can!

JW, thanks again for the order!

People ask us about the EPA Tax all the time, so for all you forum members, here's the scoop: the $30.00 is a tax imposed by Washington State to finance EPA-mandated woodstove emissions legislation and enforcement. Since our business is located in Washington State, we're required to collect this tax with every solid fuel appliance we sell, regardless of the fact that the lion's share of our website sales are shipped out of state.

Needless to say, we're ecstatic about our forced role as unpaid tax-collectors, particularly in light of the fact that this tax automatically puts us at a $30.00 price disadvantage to internet dealers in other states, unless we lower our prices by $30.00. Which means the tax is actually being paid by us.

Your welcome Tom! It was a pleasure. I cant wait till the truck shows up! I will be in touch again - maybe for an EcoFan or such down the road. I was pleased with your knowledge AND your patience with all my questions!

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.